No Game Controller Found in USB Ports

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Rydema
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:37 pm

No Game Controller Found in USB Ports

Post by Rydema » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:40 pm

Good Evening everyone!

So I've had built my own and literally I have checked everything but the software isn't picking up my xbox one controller.

Code: Select all

global option -l with value `log.txt'
global option -c with value `XOnePadUsb.xml'
controller #1: option -p with value `COM1'
now reading arguments for controller #2
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
auto-grab flag is set
GIMX 7.15 x86_64
Windows 10 (or later) x64
Kernel version: 10.0 (18362)
GIMX adapter detected, controller type is: XOnePad.
src/gusb.c:865 claim_device: libusb_open failed with error: Other error
Error: No game controller was found on USB ports.
I have tried two different xbox controllers and plenty of different cables but I can't get the damn thing fire through. I have even gone the lengths in trying it through raspberry pi 2 only to yield the same results! Help :(

Josh
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Re: No Game Controller Found in USB Ports

Post by Josh » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Hi, are you using the official controllers aka ones that came with the Xbox? You could also try using a different config.

You should also try restarting your computer
https://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... usb#p16917

maybe you could delete gimx and reinstall, because from what I read on other help pages it was usually a problem with a file.
Sorry if that doesn’t help, I only know the basics.

Rydema
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Re: No Game Controller Found in USB Ports

Post by Rydema » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:58 pm

Josh wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:56 pm
Hi, are you using the official controllers aka ones that came with the Xbox? You could also try using a different config.

You should also try restarting your computer
https://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... usb#p16917

maybe you could delete gimx and reinstall, because from what I read on other help pages it was usually a problem with a file.
Sorry if that doesn’t help, I only know the basics.
Appreciate your replying all the same bud! I did actually try the things you have suggested. No I bought my xbox second hand does it need to be an official xbox controller does it? if so is there any way around it? xD

Josh
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Re: No Game Controller Found in USB Ports

Post by Josh » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 pm

Hmm, it does need to be an official controller because gimx wasn’t coded (yet) for 3rd party controllers, you should try and figure out if you have an official controller and if not you can buy a second hand one off of eBay for about $20-$30. If you do have an official controller then I have absolutely no idea, you will have to wait until someone more qualified checks this out :lol:

http://www.detectafake.com/viewProduct/?269649
Here are basic ways to spot a fake.

Rydema
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Re: No Game Controller Found in USB Ports

Post by Rydema » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:21 am

Josh wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 pm
Hmm, it does need to be an official controller because gimx wasn’t coded (yet) for 3rd party controllers, you should try and figure out if you have an official controller and if not you can buy a second hand one off of eBay for about $20-$30. If you do have an official controller then I have absolutely no idea, you will have to wait until someone more qualified checks this out :lol:

http://www.detectafake.com/viewProduct/?269649
Here are basic ways to spot a fake.
The drivers that go into the system come up as Xbox One Controller - the only thing that makes me thing its fake is because under the battery cover theres no stickers at all

This is the controller Link to EBAY

Josh
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Re: No Game Controller Found in USB Ports

Post by Josh » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:54 pm

I don’t know man do you have the stock libusb-1.0.dll file installed?? Otherwise let’s wait to see what an admin says, sorry I wasn’t more help :roll:
https://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... %3A#p14307

Rydema
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Re: No Game Controller Found in USB Ports

Post by Rydema » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Josh wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:54 pm
I don’t know man do you have the stock libusb-1.0.dll file installed?? Otherwise let’s wait to see what an admin says, sorry I wasn’t more help :roll:
https://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... %3A#p14307
It's fine bud! Like I said I appreciate the reply all the same!

Josh
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Re: No Game Controller Found in USB Ports

Post by Josh » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:58 pm

No problem :lol:

Rydema
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Re: No Game Controller Found in USB Ports

Post by Rydema » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:16 pm

Josh wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:58 pm
No problem :lol:
How long does it usually take?

Josh
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Re: No Game Controller Found in USB Ports

Post by Josh » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:46 pm

Yeah normally they respond within 2 days but idk what’s happening :?

Post Reply