Rpi Xbox reducing input lag

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Josh

Rpi Xbox reducing input lag

Post by Josh »

I’ve had gimx auto starting and working on my raspberry pi 2b+ for about 4 months now and while I love it, I have always noticed some input lag that occurs, I know that some input lag is unavoidable but it seems like there is more than there should be. Anyway I was wondering if there was ways to reduce the input lag caused by gimx as much as possible. I did see something about reducing the refresh time of gimx but I don’t know how to do it (I know it’s considered experimental but I can always revert). Thanks for any suggestions.
Matlo

Re: Rpi Xbox reducing input lag

Post by Matlo »

Please post a log file as requested in forum rules: https://forum.gimx.fr/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=691

Did you try running GIMX on a PC to check if there is a difference?
GIMX creator
Josh

Post by Josh »

https://pastebin.com/K4D9ce4N

So I knew that gimx was already running at its default 4 ms refresh time but I just want to know how to lower it even though I know it’s expiremental. The log file shows that gimx crashes and it does because I made my raspberry pi auto start gimx at boot and for whatever reason it won’t let me start gimx in the GUI like normal, it does this weird thing where if it crashes it auto restarts gimx again (I’m fine with that), anyway all I want to do is reduce any little aspect of latency that I can.

I cannot run gimx on my laptop because it doesn’t have enough USB ports :(
kamperkilla87

Post by kamperkilla87 »

Get a USB hub. That should solve your issue.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Even if I got a usb hub I still wouldn’t use a computer for gimx all the time.

Can someone please explain how to reduce the latency time for gimx?? I just want to try it.