How to setup up G29 as G27 for PS3 - firmware not loading?

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
fsnk

Re: How to setup up G29 as G27 for PS3 - firmware not loading?

Post by fsnk »

Okay, unplugging/replugging the cable on Windows worked. I am not sure what went wrong on Linux.

I tried unplugging/replugging a lot of different ways on Linux lol...
fsnk

Post by fsnk »

Okay, I just checked and loading the firmware on Ubuntu is still failing.

But that's okay because I have the right firmware on the adapter now, and it looks like everything is starting up the way it should. (If you want to investigate and need any kind of system logs or anything, I'd be happy to send them, just tell me what commands to run.)

I have just one more question (of course I do) -- I'm a little confused by which config I should load.

I have a Logitech G29 with pedals and shifter and I want to use it as a G27 to play Gran Turismo 6 on a PS3 -- is there an obvious config file I should use for that?

Thanks again for all the help!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

fsnk wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:37 pm If you want to investigate and need any kind of system logs or anything, I'd be happy to send them, just tell me what commands to run.
Please post the output of the dmesg command after failing to load firmware.
fsnk wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:37 pm I have a Logitech G29 with pedals and shifter and I want to use it as a G27 to play Gran Turismo 6 on a PS3 -- is there an obvious config file I should use for that?
There is no pre-made config for the G29. You can easily make one using gimx-config. Select "Type > G27 PS3 / PC". Bind your buttons in the "Button" tab and your axes in the "Axis" tab.

Please share your configuration so that I can make it available in the official config repository!
GIMX creator
SoloFish

Post by SoloFish »

Did you ever get this working? I have GT6 on the way and I have been using my g920 fine on a ps4 but trying to set it up for PS3 I have flashed the G27 firmware file and made a config but only have GT5 prologue to try which doesn't list this wheel and I have not been able to get it working.

LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Hi

Can you please start a new support topic and post your log and config file.
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .