Mouse calibration - translation test

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
kaiba_seto2004

Re: Mouse calibration - translation test

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

debugman wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:55 pm That is what I did. I guess I will have to do that for every game.

A different issue I have (I will start a new topic if necessary) is that I need to start the gimx several times without it losing the mouse capturing.

What I mean is that if I move the mouse and click the right mouse button, it loses the mouse and a click is registered on the window behind.

After a few restarts it stops and runs without issues.
Losing mouse capture - I think there's application which conflicts with gimx. Maybe touchpad driver since you said that you use bootcamp. Try to find touchpad driver and end its process.
About trackpad, just don't touch it.
PS4 enthusiast.
debugman

Post by debugman »

kaiba_seto2004 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:49 am
debugman wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:55 pm That is what I did. I guess I will have to do that for every game.

A different issue I have (I will start a new topic if necessary) is that I need to start the gimx several times without it losing the mouse capturing.

What I mean is that if I move the mouse and click the right mouse button, it loses the mouse and a click is registered on the window behind.

Losing mouse capture - I think there's application which conflicts with gimx. Maybe touchpad driver since you said that you use bootcamp. Try to find touchpad driver and end its process.
I tried to disable the trackpad (couldn't identify touchpad process) but the issue remains.

sometimes it happens after 10-20 minutes, but always when I press the right mouse button
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Running GIMX in a virtual machine is not a supported use case. Try running GIMX in Ubuntu from a live usb disk.
GIMX creator
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

debugman wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:34 pm
kaiba_seto2004 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:49 am

I tried to disable the trackpad (couldn't identify touchpad process) but the issue remains.

sometimes it happens after 10-20 minutes, but always when I press the right mouse button
The same on VMWare so I think virtual machine is the reason.
PS4 enthusiast.
debugman

Post by debugman »

Matlo wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:40 pm Running GIMX in a virtual machine is not a supported use case. Try running GIMX in Ubuntu from a live usb disk.
bootcamp is not a virtual machine, but I get the point
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

Generate another log file and reproduce the issue. Keep first 100 lines and last 100 lines, and post it.
GIMX creator
debugman

Post by debugman »

https://pastebin.com/6EwBVaqQ

I try to start several times and I play with the mouse and click on the right mouse button and it happens.

Sometimes it happens after 10-15 minutes.

But it always happens after a right click
EduardoP

Post by EduardoP »

I really don't know the issue, but that was my solution for the problem: loosing mouse capturing the same way you described above.

On the executable of GIMX, go into properties > compatiblity and set the following:
Compatibility for Windows 7
Override High DPI scaling by Application
Run program as administrator

Hope it helped :D

Edited image: https://ibb.co/WVnFBQc
debugman

Post by debugman »

EduardoP wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:24 pm

I really don't know the issue, but that was my solution for the problem: loosing mouse capturing the same way you described above.

On the executable of GIMX, go into properties > compatiblity and set the following:
Compatibility for Windows 7
Override High DPI scaling by Application
Run program as administrator

Hope it helped :D

Edited image: https://ibb.co/WVnFBQc
Thanks!!! that did the trick :)
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Glad to see you solved your trouble.
Happy gaming :)
PS4 enthusiast.