PS4: Devices disconnect/freeze after unhandled packet errors (F1 2018)

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
xOwnage133

PS4: Devices disconnect/freeze after unhandled packet errors (F1 2018)

Post by xOwnage133 »

Hello everyone,

I reckon I've got a complicated issue.
First of all, I am using GIMX to emulate a G29 wheel for PS4. I personally own a Direct Drive wheel and have got Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals.
Through GIMX I am able to play F1 2018 on the PS4 without any issues until roughly 45mins - 1hr into a race.
Whenever I get to this point there are lots of errors appearing in the GIMX command. All of the errors look the following (please forgive me for not being able to submit a proper log right now as I haven't got the time to drive for roughly 1hr to log everything):
The errors I get are related to either XXXXXXX.XXXXXX unhandled packet (type=0x00 OR type=0x20)

Whenever this happens, all my controls freeze (including the DS4). This means that when I'm on the throttle and turing the wheel to the left, the game will still apply that same input. After a few seconds, everything reconnects (the Force Feedback feels different at this point than before the issue) only to have the same issue roughly a minute later.

An interesting thing I've noted: as you can see from the image, it gives me a prompt saying which device I have connected and a drop down menu that says 'Front speaker exit'. So it's almost as if all my devices disconnect from my PC when this happens. Therefore I am pretty sure that the adapter is working, but another thing is causing the issue.

The CP210x driver is 6.7.4.1893 (27/09/2017).
I've connected the proper way through the GIMX adapter as described.
GIMX adapter was bought here: https://blog.gimx.fr/product/gimx-adapter/
GIMX Version 7.12, using Windows 10.

If there's any info that I've forgot to submit (there probably will be), please let me know,.
GoDlike

Re: PS4: Devices disconnect/freeze after unhandled packet errors (F1 2018)

Post by GoDlike »

It will be hard to check what's cause of this without log file unfortunately. When you have time please play some time with log option enabled and post it.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
xOwnage133

Re: PS4: Devices disconnect/freeze after unhandled packet errors (F1 2018)

Post by xOwnage133 »

Sure! I'll make sure to fix it later this week. Thank you.