Every setting feels bad

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
permafrost

Every setting feels bad

Post by permafrost »

hello all

I have recently acquired a gimx adaptor, i have been trying out settings and configs for a while and i have to say everything i have tried so far feels bad and unnatural, either sluggish or fast. I have tinkered with the mouse calibration, circle test, x/y ratios but since there are no video guides(cant believe the lack of resources actually), im just assuming what to do based on what i read on gimx's wiki page. I have a 4000 dpi mouse and im honestly lost, My settings feel awful in apex, cod mw remastered and h1z1 and im bored of tinkering, i must have spent more than 6 hours tinkering my settings for each game and still nothing. It looked like it was working great for the people in the gameplay videos, is this how it is with gimx? I am lost and i dont know what to do. I also hate the fact that x and y axis speed are different and i can not get them to be the same no matter what i do. Is there like a 'perfect config' with perfect calibration so i can only edit sensivities?
GoDlike

Re: Every setting feels bad

Post by GoDlike »

there are no video guides(cant believe the lack of resources actually), im just assuming what to do based on what i read on gimx's wiki page
Sorry but I don't see a problem with wiki. Isn't this what is wiki supposed to be for? There is official calibration mode manual there wrote by us so you can use it like a paper manual.
I also hate the fact that x and y axis speed are different and i can not get them to be the same no matter what i do
Both, gimx calibration mode and gimx-config does that for you automatically when you set x/y ratio parameter. Do not edit the configuration in text editor.

We don't have config for MW remastered but I think Cod BO 4 config should fit as it's same engine, try it. Keep in mind that configurations for h1z1 and apex are unofficial and we can't guarantee they work as good as official ones but most people are satisfied. Look at the videos made by me in BF5 or Division 2, gimx works and it works great. Please also tell us your operating system or even better, include a log file as stated in this section rules.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
permafrost

Post by permafrost »

come to think of it all of the configs i have tried were submitted by users and were not verified, i will make sure to try some verified configs.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Try our latest configurations. I recommend CoD BO4, BF 5/4/1, Division 2.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

Could you post a video of you playing Apex legends ? Maybe we canal dignose what os happening, also post your settings in gimx, Apex and OS.