PlayStation Move Navigation controller?

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Indread

PlayStation Move Navigation controller?

Post by Indread »

The XIM3 for the 360 is known to support the PS Move Navigation controller. In fact, most people argue it is better for First Person Shooters than a keyboard.

I was wondering if GIMX supported the PS Navigation controller, and if so, how to get it to work for it?

Thanks guys.
Matlo

Re: PlayStation Move Navigation controller?

Post by Matlo »

The ps move navigation controller probably behaves like a sixaxis, and it could be detected as a sixaxis by QtSixa (Linux) or MotionInJoy (Windows).

I sadly can't test it as I don't have a navigation controller.
GIMX creator
SLOYAROLE™

Post by SLOYAROLE™ »

I used the "search" and all I came up with was this thread. Does anyone have a PS Nav working with GIMX and Mouse yet?

My Linux is up and running with a M/K, I just don't have a PS Nav controller to test it but would buy one in a heartbeat if I could use it with mouse instead of KB.

Thanks
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

In Linux the ps nav controller works out-of-the-box in wired mode. I didn't tested in bluetooth mode yet (with QtSixA).
GIMX creator
SLOYAROLE™

Post by SLOYAROLE™ »

Good to know. Maybe I'll buy one and try to figure it out (I'm a Linux n00b). Worst case scenario is I return the PS Nav for a refund I guess.

Thanks

*Edit* I think I'm in the wrong thread. I was searching to find out if a PS Nav and mouse works with PS3 games through Linux. Sorry about that. All indication is that it doesn't.

Thanks again, though.
Matlo wrote:In Linux the ps nav controller works out-of-the-box in wired mode. I didn't tested in bluetooth mode yet (with QtSixA).
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

SLOYAROLE™ wrote:All indication is that it doesn't.
Where did you see that?

All indication on this forum is that it does :)
Read this tutorial.
GIMX creator
SLOYAROLE™

Post by SLOYAROLE™ »

That's how I setup my kb & mouse. I didn't see anything related to PS Nav & mouse. This is the only thread I found and the others are for using the Nav in Linux to control Linux. I was searching for PS Nav and Mouse configs for use on PS3.

Unless I missed something in that tutorial, it never mentioned setting up a PS Nav in place of a keyboard. I never found anything on this forum either, which is why I said it's probably not possible.

Sorry about being a PitA. I don't even have a move yet. Just trying to see if it's worth the buy to use in place of a keyboard on PS3 games.
Matlo wrote:
SLOYAROLE™ wrote:All indication is that it doesn't.
Where did you see that?

All indication on this forum is that it does :)
Read this tutorial.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

This tutorial explains how to control a PS3 with PC peripherals (keyboards, mice, joysticks) plugged on a PC running Linux and using a bluetooth dongle.
In other words, as soon as a device is recognized by Linux as a mouse/keyboard/joystick, it can be used with GIMX.
GIMX creator
SLOYAROLE™

Post by SLOYAROLE™ »

Okay. Guess I misinterpreted that part. On my way to buy a PS Nav-chuck. I'll report back with my progress. Thanks again for your help.
SLOYAROLE™

Post by SLOYAROLE™ »

Just to update. I came up empty. I went to the end of the internet and back but no luck. Linux doesn't recognize my PS Nav-chuck (my DS3 works perfectly).

It was worth a shot. Thanks for your help. Guess, for now, I'll stick to kb/m for PS3.