Tablet Compatibility?

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Indread

Tablet Compatibility?

Post by Indread »

Hello, I'm a new member to this community. It looks to be a great software that is arguably better than alternatives like Eagle Eye or XIM3.

I have the HP Touchpad tablet PC, and there is a way to install Ubuntu onto it. I was wondering if it was possible to run GIMX on the Touchpad? The tablet has Bluetooth capabilities built in, and a micro usb port. Would this work?

Also, I believe XIM3 or Eagle Eye merely simulate the Sixaxis thumbstick movements; does the GIMX have absolute control or absolute movement, where the reticle is exactly where I moved my mouse, similar to PC gaming, or is it essentially moving the thumbstick with the mouse like the alternatives?

Thanks very much in advance guys.
cldfusion

Re: Tablet Compatibility?

Post by cldfusion »

Welcome:).
Also, I believe XIM3 or Eagle Eye merely simulate the Sixaxis thumbstick movements; does the GIMX have absolute control or absolute movement, where the reticle is exactly where I moved my mouse, similar to PC gaming, or is it essentially moving the thumbstick with the mouse like the alternatives?
It emulates the moment of the mouse buy sending joystick values, like the Xim3. That's the only way to do it, the Eagle Eye just does it worse apparently:P.
I have the HP Touchpad tablet PC, and there is a way to install Ubuntu onto it. I was wondering if it was possible to run GIMX on the Touchpad? The tablet has Bluetooth capabilities built in, and a micro usb port. Would this work?
Wiki says it supports Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, that's the right version, but I don't know for sure if it'd work.
Indread

Post by Indread »

Eagle Eye does it worse than XIM3? I'm wondering how GIMX compares to either XIM3 or Eagle Eye... Is the programming of GIMX just as good as XIM3, since I have heard from others that XIM3 is the best too. I'td be a downer if GIMX was similar in "quality" to Eagle Eye, in terms of movement...

How does the GIMX typically work? Is the blue tooth dongle plugged into the PS3, after we alter it? And where we do plug in the mouse?

Thanks in advance!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

People told me GIMX is far better than Eagle Eye, mostly because Eagle Eye won't let you change the ADS sensitivity.

If you took the time to read the tutorial, you would have known that the mouse+kb+bt dongle have to be plugged to a pc.
GIMX creator