GT5 B-Spec Automated Controller

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
RedskinsJBS

GT5 B-Spec Automated Controller

Post by RedskinsJBS »

Hi all! I will introduce myself over in the introduction area, but here I will explain what I would like to do.

Seeing how the idea behind this effort is to build a Ps3 controller emulator, I thought that it would be the perfect place to start my project.

If you have ever played GT5, you will understand will I am coming from. In the game, part of it can be played as the crew chief of the race team. What this means is that all the player has to do is tell the car when to com in to the pits. This can be very productive for producing money to buy more cars in the game since you as a person only need to do a few button presses to progress to the new race. Because this can be tedious work, and the shorter races produce more cash per minute but require one to be watching the PlayStation all of the time, I would like to automate those button presses so that I could set the automatic controller and come back later to millions of dollars. The fun part of the game is driving all of the different cars, not spending hours upon hours churning out cash.

So this is what I'm thinking. If I could forgo the PC connection and just have a Teensy microcontroller produce a certain set of pre-programmed button presses at an set intervals, it would be perfect. Just hook up the USB to the ps3 and off to the races!

I'm even thinking of adding an SD card so that I could add a 'learn' function... But I am getting ahead of myself.

So, is it possible to have the teensy emulation done alongside custom code within the same microcontroller? If so, how? I'm a bit clueless with this higher level electronics gizmodry. I can wire a lightswitch in my house or in a 60's car, but microcontrollers can trip me up.

Thanks for any help that you all can provide. To me, spending $25 so that I can obtain the 1000 cars in the game is well worth it. Plus, what could be more fun to do on a weekend than play with electronics?

Jay Swift
Matlo

Re: GT5 B-Spec Automated Controller

Post by Matlo »

Some German speaking people already wrote macros for B-Spec: link.

I hope this helps!
GIMX creator
RedskinsJBS

Post by RedskinsJBS »

Matlo,

Thank you for the link. From what I gather, those guys were still using the software in their PCs to generate the keypress macros. I would like to export that control entirely into the firmware of the teensy board.

The teensy should have enough memory left over after doing the communication with the ps3 to fake a few button presses. I just simply have no idea of how to modify the firmware so that I can add my button press protocol.

Jay
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

If you really can't use a PC: link.
GIMX creator