Glitchy mouse

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
luckmager

Glitchy mouse

Post by luckmager »

Hello,

I have a just bought a Sitecom CN-516 Bluetooth dongle for 10 euro (at dixons ), the transmission speed is 3 mbps.
The sixemugui says the manufacturer is:
Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
And the Chip version is:
BlueCore4-ROM

I am using Ubuntu version 11.04

I have a 1800dpi mouse and i'm using your the configuration you posted
--------------------------------------------
configuration 1 :
axe x : multiplier = 13.32, exponent = 0.39
axe y : multiplier = 38.08, exponent = 0.39

configuration 2 :
axe x : multiplier = 1.76, exponent = 0.80
axe y : multiplier = 3.02, exponent = 0.80
--------------------------------------------

I have a FAT ps3 (80 gb) and my pc specs are:
- 1gb ddr5 vid card
- 3 gb RAM
- 2.66 GHz dual core processor

I am having a problem, when i move my mouse, the camera moves a bit laggy.
When i enable calibrate and press rctrl + f5, the y direction moves normally and i can't move to the x can't move.
And when i press rctrl + f6, the x direction moves normally and i can't move to the y direction.

Could it be that my dongle isn't working properly with the program?
McKack

Re: Glitchy mouse

Post by McKack »

That's supposed to happen during dead zone calibration. You'll notice that if you move the mouse slightly and just leave it in place when adjusting either X or Y dead zone that the aim will keep moving by itself. This way you can scroll the mousewheel and see where the aim starts going from not moving at all (emulated analog state is still inside dead zone of given game) to where it responds.
I usually up the dead zone a little bit past that point just to get a bit more responsive aim and sometimes eliminate that lag you might be experiencing (more noticeable the slower you move the aim)

Just remember to press something like rctrl+f3 to move out of dead zone calibration after you've adjusted it to test the results, tweak anything else you might need for compensation, then rctrl+f1 to save it.

What mouse you got by the way? I take it you've made sure the DPI is actually set to max..
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
luckmager

Post by luckmager »

I have the Qware gaming mouse, i bought it at this dutch site: http://www.bol.com/nl/p/games/qware-gam ... index.html

I am sure i have it on maxed dpi (1800). The middle mouse gives light in different colors. White is 1800 dpi and my middle mouse gives white light.

Thank you for the info about calibration, i tried to put the deadzone from 22 to 31 but all of them gives lagg.
McKack

Post by McKack »

Have you adjusted the polling rate in Ubuntu?
I have a Logitech MX518 which has a DPI of 1600 and 250Hz gave me a much smoother aim than the default 100Hz.

In terminal:

Code: Select all

gksudo gedit /etc/modules
That will open the modules file in a text editor with the proper rights, allowing you to edit it.

Then, at the bottom add these two lines:

-r usbhid
usbhid mousepoll=NUMBER
Where NUMBER is:
1 = 1000Hz
2 = 500Hz
4 = 250Hz
8 = 125Hz
10 = 100Hz (Default)

Example for 250Hz:

-r usbhid
usbhid mousepoll=4
You'll have to restart for the changes to take effect.

Source: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... &page=2#17
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
luckmager

Post by luckmager »

Thank you veeeeerrryyy much! It's almost perfect now at 250 hz :D
I only need to change the dead zones because i can't move fast to the right or left, but the lagg is gone :D
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you !!!!
McKack

Post by McKack »

Great!

What method of changing the polling rate worked for you by the way?
luckmager

Post by luckmager »

Blackmagic's way worked for me. I tried yours, but the terminal said Permission denied.
luckmager

Post by luckmager »

Im getting the logitech g500 now, i am a med skilled pc cod gamer and i like 5700dpi :P
McKack

Post by McKack »

luckmager wrote:Blackmagic's way worked for me. I tried yours, but the terminal said Permission denied.
Ah yeah, basically the same but doing it manually. I'll edit my instructions in case anyone else reads this later on.
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

luckmager wrote:Im getting the logitech g500 now, i am a med skilled pc cod gamer and i like 5700dpi :P
The g500 is the best mouse I have ever used.

It is amazing, and the Logitech software allows you to make a rapid fire macro =D

I use the FN fal as a three shot burst weapon