Mouse buttons, an binding.

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
kamperkilla87

Mouse buttons, an binding.

Post by kamperkilla87 »

Hello, I´m thinking about ordering another mouse. Which has an additional button on the side, so in total three buttons on the left side. The one i have now only has two. I want that additional button to be my macro trigger. The only issue is by default that button is a second MBUTTON_BUTTON_LEFT, an i need to be able to map it to whatever button i want. Being that I´m running Gimx on a Rpi i cant install the mouses software. Which prevents me from mapping that button to anything. Is there any possible way to get around this? Maybe in Gimx itself, or on the Rpi? Thx in advance
Matlo

Re: Mouse buttons, an binding.

Post by Matlo »

Open gimx-config, enable "Advanced > Multiple mice and keyboards". In the "Button" tab, click on "Auto-detect", and press the first button. Check the device detected. Click on "Auto-detect", and press the second button. Check the device detected: if is is the same (same name, same id), then there is no way out.
GIMX creator
kamperkilla87

Post by kamperkilla87 »

Matlo wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:52 pm Open gimx-config, enable "Advanced > Multiple mice and keyboards". In the "Button" tab, click on "Auto-detect", and press the first button. Check the device detected. Click on "Auto-detect", and press the second button. Check the device detected: if is is the same (same name, same id), then there is no way out.
Thanks! I will do so when if I choose that mouse. Might just look for another one. It's a pretty cheap mouse compared to the one I have now. Pretty good reviews on it though. Thought I'd give it a try. Also 5,000 dpi is the lowest recommended dpi huh?
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Im successfully using 3600 dpi mouse so it's enough to work.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
kamperkilla87

Post by kamperkilla87 »

GoDlike wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:13 pm Im successfully using 3600 dpi mouse so it's enough to work.
@Godlike thanks that's great to know. That will help me narrow my search. @Matlo here is a link to the mouse I'm speaking of. They call it a fire button. By default it rapidly presses MBUTTON_LEFT, so in theory it should have its own ID correct?
https://www.amazon.com/TeckNet-Programm ... th=1&psc=1
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Well that depends on the manufacturer implementation. They could make their own ID and they also could hardcode it as normal left button.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
kamperkilla87

Post by kamperkilla87 »

GoDlike wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:23 am Well that depends on the manufacturer implementation. They could make their own ID and they also could hardcode it as normal left button.
By default its left click. With software it can be changed. I won't be able to use the software though being that I'm on Linux. Im under the assumption that it will have its own unique ID being that it can be changed to different buttons.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

If it can be reprogrammed and if the mouse keeps the button setting after a power cycle it will work.
GIMX creator