Output failure

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Biggabertha

Output failure

Post by Biggabertha »

Hi there, I've had the program working (after a lot of head scratching and very careful reading...) without a problem until I started really messing around with the configuration.

Now when I start emuclient, the GUI (and even the terminal) opens very briefly before shutting down again. I've noticed that another user has had a similar problem in another thread but his/hers was solved by using another keyboard. However:

I've tried using an external keyboard but to no avail. Even selecting a different config file doesn't work.

I know my bluetooth dongle works because I spent a little time punching and kicking with it and the "Please connect a controller to the PS3" message disappears and stays away until I stop the emuclient. Even restarting the emuclient makes the message go away again.

Here's what my configuration looks like - I haven't touched anything under the overall tab

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/ ... onfig1.png
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/ ... onfig2.png

I have also written a new macro file if that helps but other than what I have named it and the key that I used was the same as I used before and it worked so... I'm quite out of ideas what I did wrong to upset the program.

EDIT: Figures... It was either because I added a new file into the macro folder, it was because I had some uppercase letters in the file name or (most likely this one) there was overlapping buttons/input keys in the new text file similar to the example one.

Also, now that I think about it/look at what I've done... Since I'm using all four shoulder buttons as well... Shoulder buttons and not analogue inputs, I should probably add them into the button tab rather than the axis tab... >.>;

"Oh you English are SO superior!"
Matlo

Re: Output failure

Post by Matlo »

You probably had a space in the file name (issue 112). That problem will be corrected in the next release.

If you want some help concerning the config, just copy-paste the content of your file inside a code tag (while editing a post, click on the "Code" button, and paste stuff between ] and [).
GIMX creator