G29 as G27 on PS3

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
muncie4speed

G29 as G27 on PS3

Post by muncie4speed »

Hi guys, I'm having a bit of difficulty getting this to work... I have a Logitech G29 and want to use it on my PS3 as a G27... I want to do this because I want to play Gran Turismo 4 on my PS3 (backwards compatible). I made my own Configuration and GIMX is loaded up on COM4... I start my PS3 with a Dualshock 3 just as instructed but when I get into the game, it says "Unknown USB Device is connected..." My log is at the Pastebin link below... Can anyone please help me?

https://pastebin.com/yqujMbUW
kaiba_seto2004

Re: G29 as G27 on PS3

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Hi muncie4speed,

I have forwarded your supporting to team. Please keep in touch :)
PS4 enthusiast.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

GT4 is a PS2 game. It probably does not support the G27. Try using the EMUDFPPS2 firmware instead.

I had a look at your configuration. Your pedals seem to be combined. Use the LGS to change that. After this remove pedal bindings in the axis tab and remove all entries in the "Overall>Joystick corrections" tab. Finally re-add the pedal bindings and go through the calibration steps.
GIMX creator
muncie4speed

Post by muncie4speed »

It does this in Gran Turismo 5 and 6 too...
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I tried with GT5 and it worked. You have to start the game using a Dualshock 3. When the game is started, start GIMX and reassign the Dualshock 3 from controller 1 to 2.
GIMX creator
muncie4speed

Post by muncie4speed »

Could you please post a link to your working config? Maybe I'm doing something wrong and if you send me your config.xml, it resolves that as an issue... it could be something else in my setup then...
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I don't have a G29. My config file will not work with your G29.

Could you please try the EMUDFPS2 firmware and see if there is any difference?
GIMX creator
muncie4speed

Post by muncie4speed »

Hey, I tried EMUDFPS2 and it worked! My wheel works but the force feedback does not! Here's my Pastebin, I don't know why there's an error when I set the wheel axis... Logitech profiler is set to 900 degrees... The wheel works fine in game but no force feedback at all... Here's my Pastebin, thank you for your help Matlo, this software is really great...

https://pastebin.com/f68CdVvV
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I had a look at the log. I will try to make a test version with a fix attempt.
GIMX creator
muncie4speed

Post by muncie4speed »

Hey Matlo, I appreciate your support but could it be something wrong in my setup and not a bug? The wheel works well in the game and I tightened it by increasing center spring in Logitech Profiler... It was just the loose steering that was bugging me, now it feels good but the GIMX window keeps spitting out the error code infinitely... Could that cause a crash while I'm gaming at all? What does the error code mean anyway? I don't have much programming knowledge but would like to learn... Thank you again...