No serial port detected.

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
ThePoorGamer

No serial port detected.

Post by ThePoorGamer »

Hello everyone. I am using the Arduino Leonardo for this project. I managed to upload the .hex file onto the leonardo, by quickly plugging /unplugging
the usb cable during arduinobuilder upload. After doing this, my leonardo no longer shows up in the device manager and com ports. When i open GIMX launcher, there is no option to select in port.
If someone could help me, i would be very grateful.Thank you
ThePoorGamer

Re: No serial port detected.

Post by ThePoorGamer »

when i plug in the ttl adapter into my computer and go to device manager, i get a yellow exclamation mark.
GoDlike

Re: No serial port detected.

Post by GoDlike »

Hello,

I am also using chinese clone of leonardo based device and upload works same way as you said. Remember that you need to have both cables connected to the PC while flashing. AFAIK it's based on atmega32u4 so you can use gimx built-in flasher, no need to use other programs here. Try that.

We will try to identify the issue. Could you check yellow message in device manager? There should be a message like "Device has malfunction" or "Cannot load driver" ec. It can mean two things, drivers are corrupted/not installed or hardware fault of your UART.

If flashing through gimx-luncher didn't help then let's try reinstalling UART and arduino drivers.

Go to your gimx folder->tools->drivers->CP210x and install driver using provided exe
Then go to gimx folder->tools->drivers->arduino. RMB on .inf and select install.
Reboot the system and check the status.

Regards,
Daniel
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike