AccuForce Wheel on PC as G27 - How ?

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
blanes

AccuForce Wheel on PC as G27 - How ?

Post by blanes »

Ok my GIMX adaptor arrived couple days ago and I have installed the GIMX software and got the Logi G27 Firmware written to the device and installed the Logitech software lgs510_x64.exe which I assume is the correct one.

Today I have spent alot of time trying to get my Accuforce wheel recognised as a Logitech G27 without any success, I have read lots of stuff on the Wiki and forum but I think I am now just more confused than ever.

My guess is I need some sort of config file or some other software to get the device to see my AccuForce as a G27 but really I am stumped what to do or try next. I realise I must be asking basic question and there is lots of info already referenced but truly for someone new to this it quickly becomes baffling due to information overload.

Ideally someone here with an AccuForce wheel can please let me know the steps and perhaps send me the config file they use. I looked in the relevant forum but did not find any of use.

Another problem I found was the gimx software telling me to load a config so I select the one saying LogitechG27-G29.xml and it loaded but when I hit the Check button it gives message, Joystick not found: Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB (0) Joystick not found:PS4 Controller (0)

I have the Logi software installed and my AF wheel turned on and the window control panel just shows my AccuForce wheel correctly recognised so the GIMX adaptor does not appear to be telling me the wheel is converted. The adaptor is plugged both usb to my PC and there is a Red + Green light showing so I think it operates correctly but I am not sure ?

Appreciate some help and step by step guidance. Please do not refer me back to the wiki as I have read too much there already without success.
GoDlike

Re: AccuForce Wheel on PC as G27 - How ?

Post by GoDlike »

Hi,

No stress. We will sort it out. Let's start from beginning.

GIMX supports variety of devices:
EMUJOYSTICKPS3: HID joystick emulation, with 16bit stick axes, for PS3
EMUPS3: Sixaxis emulation, for PS3
EMU360: 360 pad emulation, for Xbox 360
EMUPS4: Hori Pad FPS Plus emulation, for PS4 (with touchpad support)
EMUXONE: Xbox One pad emulation, for Xbox One
EMUG29PS4: Logitech G29 gaming wheel emulation, for PS4, with force feedback support
EMUG27PS3: Logitech G27 gaming wheel emulation, for PS3, with force feedback support
EMUGTFPS2: Logitech GT Force emulation, for PS2, with force feedback support
EMUDFPS2: Logitech Driving Force emulation, for PS2, with force feedback support
EMUDFPPS2: Logitech Driving Force Pro emulation, for PS2, with force feedback support
EMUG27PC: Logitech G27 gaming wheel emulation, for PC, force feedback support
If you need it for PC then you need to flash EMUG27PC , if PS3 then EMUG27PS3, if PS4 then EMUG29PS4 and so on.

If the wheel is Logitech then you need LGS drivers but I see you installed them already. Also please disable combined pedals in drivers.

Now I don't see any premade config for your wheel so you need to create a new config using config tool, don't worry, it's not hard :) Try the tutorial here - https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Cr ... igurations

Remember to publish your config on the forum when you are done so more poeple may use it ;)

If you need any help or advices just let me know.

Regards,
Daniel
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
blanes

Post by blanes »

Thanks Daniel, I already did flash the EMUG27PC Firmware as I only intend to use my AF wheel on PC. The other things are straight forward but that wiki you linked I read several times and could not relate to it. I do not own a playstation yet it was showing me what I think are PS buttons in the program that you use to make the config so it made no sense at all. I also do not know what buttons are what on a G27 so that is not much use.

The logitech software I installed should show my AF wheel as present and identified as a G27 shouldn't it ? I have the GIMX adaptor plugged in first and then I turn my wheel on, is that correct or is there a different order to follow ? Surely this should be much simpler than it is appearing to be from my end ? I will have another go tomorrow and I am hopeful that Zero will see my PM by then as he already set his AF wheel up and told me he had it working great including FFB with Forza Horizon 3 and if I can just get his config file perhaps it will work right away ... or maybe I am wrong and there is still something I have missed that is obvious to you guys who are familiar with all this.

I am not ready to give up yet but I gotta tell you this has been a frustrating experience and wasted much time so far. I do however very much appreciate any and all help that you and others might offer me. Cheers Mark :shock:
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Most poeple use it for PlayStation but the procedure is the same for all devices. You don't need to know what buttons are in G27, gimx-config will list them for you.

I will try to explain it as simple as I can.
  • Go to gimx-config and select in the menu Type->G27 PS3/PC.
  • Now if you press "Button" dropdown list you can see that it contains all buttons on the G27, you just need to bind them on your current whell (AccuForce in this case)
  • On the "Button" tab you can bind buttons, on the "Axis" axises
  • Set the button you want to bind in "Button" dropdown and press auto-detect. Then just press button on your AccuForce wheel. Gimx will bind G27 button to your AccuForce wheel.Do this with all buttons and axises.
  • Save the config and test it. If wheel is moving weirdly you can play with Overall tab and joystick corrections. You can also tweak Force Feedback effects there.
You can also load other configurations for steering wheels and see the values in gimx-config. It should give you a better understanding of how it works.

I will try to improve this wiki article to make it easier to understand.

Now about the order. For ideal experience you should first plug the wheel, then the adapter and in the end start gimx-launcher.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike