GIMX v.11 install causes windows to crash

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Matlo

Re: GIMX v.11 install causes windows to crash

Post by Matlo »

I reported this to the UsbDk devs here: https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk/issues/52

It would be nice if you could register on github, subscribe to the issue, and then provide the debug traces they will very likely ask for.

In the meantime, you can uninstall UsbDk 1.00-19 and reinstall GIMX 6.8.
GIMX creator
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

A UsbDk dev replied: https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk/issues/ ... -350696409
Could you please have a look and collect the requested dump file?
GIMX creator
Phoenix101

Post by Phoenix101 »

Hi Matlo,
thanks for the reply.
Give me some time because I am really busy this week. I will reply as soon as possible. In the mean time I will give a look to the link shared.
Have a good day :)
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Thanks. Your help will be precious.
GIMX creator
Phoenix101

Post by Phoenix101 »

Hi Matlo, I'm sorry but I cannot satisfy your request;
I cannot replicate the crash and consequently create the memory dump because last week, after my last post, I took a look to the UsbDk documentation at github.com and after dozen of test I solved the crash on my laptop; here what I did:

after the test already described by my post, with the help found on the github usbdk website I uninstalled the usbdk in DOS (it wasn't listed in control panel programs list)
uninstalled the gimx
rebooted the pc in normal mode (I cannot install the usbdk in safe mode)
re installed gimx 6.11 and usbdk; another crash happened
uninstalled gimx from the control panel and usbdk from DOS (it wasn't listed in control panel programs list)
rebooted in normal mode
uninstalled all my USB devices from the control panel (some peripheral had been reinstalled immediately by windows)
restarted the pc; after the log on windows started to install the remaining usb peripherals
restarted the pc again
installed gimx 6.11 and usbdk
connected my G27, gimx adapter and dualshock 4 as usual and launched the gimx front end
Gimx recognized sucessfully my dualshock 4 and I pressed the PS button.
Everything worked again

Last but not least:
1- my PC was already configured to dump the memory as described by the link you posted but it hasn't dumped anything because the page file was not active and without it windows cannot create the dump file.
2- I noticed that during the installation of the usbdk package my bluetooth device was, in some way, turned on automatically because the icon appeared on the windows notify bar near the clock. I always turn off bluetooth and wi-fi after every log on. This happened every time I tried to install and uninstall the usbdk package.
3- I will try to replicate the crash when a new gimx vers. will be released. I will disconnect everything except my G27 and I will launch the update. I hope that my procedures will work again and will solve the (potential) issue again.
4- Could the windows system errors be useful to retrive some info about the issue?

Thank again Matlo!
Phoenix101

Post by Phoenix101 »

Hi Matlo,
I have re-done the steps with the latest version (7.1) and replicate the windows BBoD again. Unfortunately the dump is not useful because it exceeds the available memory. I will change disk space settings for the dump again. Tomorrow I will try to replicate again the bug. Stay tuned!
Phoenix101

Post by Phoenix101 »

Matlo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:44 pm Thanks. Your help will be precious.
Hi Matlo,
here my update;
In a normal windows session I have uninstall the gimx 7.11 /which has been corrupted in a tentative to replicate the original BSoD. I also unistalled all my USB devices.
I rebooted the pc in safe mode and completed the usbdk uninstall in dos mode.
Then I reboted in normal mode.
Now a BSoD happens every time I try to install gimx 6.11 (I want to install this version to replicate the original BSoD and the related dump by updating to 7.1 without disconnet the G27) when the install process is almost complete.
The dump is 565 MByte; I'm trying to find a way to upload it (my connection is slow). I will notifiy you when the upload ends.
I haven't try to install again the 7.1.
Do you have some advices to complete the installation of 6.11? Which USB peripheral should I uninstall (to avoid unistallaion of every single peripheral)?

THKS
Phoenix101

Post by Phoenix101 »

Hi Matlo,
here the link to the dump

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TjGWqB ... sp=sharing
Phoenix101

Post by Phoenix101 »

I have opened a ticket on github https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk/issues/54
I also shared new dumps.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Thanks. Matlo has been pretty busy last days, his reply can take longer than usual.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike