PS4, bluetooth, Linux, basic keyboard for chat ect but not in game/emulated controller.

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
varik

PS4, bluetooth, Linux, basic keyboard for chat ect but not in game/emulated controller.

Post by varik »

Was hoping Gimx would work for me, the PS4 can use basic Bluetooth keyboards so was hoping I could do it without any authentication of a DS4 as I thought that would only be needed when emulating it to use in game.

All I need is for the PS4 to see a Bluetooth keyboards, and support is as it would any physical Bluetooth keyboards as it does normally. Since it's so beneath the scope of GIMX I'm thinking that it's not possible now from looking more.

I've got GIMX installed on a linux laptop with Bluetooth (persistent Live USB), and laptop has a keyboard as per the norm. For text chat, internet browser, and in some games any basic keyboard already works. So I was hoping i wouldn't need anything else.

This is to try and beat the jump rope in FF9 where i've to hit X or "ENTER" on a keyboard 1000s correctly. I'm old and have to reflexes or rhythm so a macro was my only hope.

Thanks
Matlo

Re: PS4, bluetooth, Linux, basic keyboard for chat ect but not in game/emulated controller.

Post by Matlo »

GIMX has a basic built-in macro functionality: https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Macros
GIMX creator
varik

Re: PS4, bluetooth, Linux, basic keyboard for chat ect but not in game/emulated controller.

Post by varik »

Thanks but my main issue is using it so instead of it emulating a supported ds4 ect it see the keyboard as a keyboard.

Don't have a USB adapter. Can I emulate a basic Bluetooth keyboard using gimx on a laptop keyboard.
Last edited by varik on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

There is no such feature.

I pointed the macro functionality since you said your goal was getting some macros to work with FF9.
GIMX creator