Xbox One FPSconfig.xml - mouse problems

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
benjj1

Xbox One FPSconfig.xml - mouse problems

Post by benjj1 »

Ordered a ready made USB adapter from the shop, arrived yesterday (only took days) Set it up today (Mint 18, Xbox One).

On opening the gimx launcher, it gives 'no fpsconfig - download one', I pick the option at the very bottom (XOnePadUsb.xml),

However, none of the buttons are mapped. When trying to map buttons, it gives a warning about messing up the config by making profile 1 and profile 2 out of sync.

Anyway, I mapped the buttons, added a mouse dpi value - buttons worked (WASD etc), mouse trigger buttons worked, but zero mouse movement.

I tried one of the PS3 configs just to test, and mouse movement is very small + when it does move is very jerky, not smooth.

I've used these PS3 settings on PS3 super slim to play Battlefield 3 and they work absolutely fine.

Do mouse settings for the Xbox One require completely different calibration & acceleration values?
Does anyone have any suggestions / success with this?

Thanks,Alex
Matlo

Re: Xbox One FPSconfig.xml - mouse problems

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

The XOnePadUsb.xml is for controlling games with an Xbox One pad.

Just pick a configuration made for a FPS game, adjust the bindings to your liking, and calibrate the mouse.
Each game has different input mechanics, which means calibration has to be performed for each game.
https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Mouse_Calibration
GIMX creator
benjj1

Re: Xbox One FPSconfig.xml - mouse problems

Post by benjj1 »

thanks, tuned it well with messages>cursors option in the main launcher. Turns out I was using mouse with low DPI (2000), this was probably a problem too. I borrowed one with 5000 DPI & was much, much smoother.
Thanks for the help.Alex