Help out a noob :)

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Integrater

Re: Help out a noob :)

Post by Integrater »

OK I converted a config, and everything seems to work right but the mouse moves way too slow. How do I increase the sensitivity (I already set it to max in the game).

Will I need to calibrate my mouse?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

What's your mouse model?

What's the game?
GIMX creator
Integrater

Post by Integrater »

Matlo wrote:What's your mouse model?

What's the game?
OK I've got a lot further now. I'm using an 800dpi generic MS wheel mouse (I have an MS X3 on the way). The game is .

I have got almost everything working perfectly, I just have two problems. First when I press my right mouse button (which I have assigned to look down the barrel of my gun) I look down the barrel permanently, it never goes back to normal when I release the mouse button so I get stuck aiming,

Also can you tell me how to increase the movement speed of the mouse when in aiming mode (holding the right mouse button).

Once these two things are fixed then everything will be perfect.

PS, thanks for all the help so far.

What exponent/multiplier/deadzone would be good for an 800dpi mouse?

EDIT: I've been playing with all the settings for hours now and it is almost there. There is just a small problem with accuracy. I'm thinking it is due to my 800dpi mouse (but I don't really know). I have a 2000dpi mouse (MS Sidewinder X3) on it's way, do you think that will perfect the mouse movement?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Each of your questions already have an answer in these threads:

FAQ.

Configuration & calibration.

Tutorial.

For black ops, just set the normalized parameters with the calibration mode, and adjust the x multiplier.
GIMX creator
McKack

Post by McKack »

Integrater wrote:EDIT: I've been playing with all the settings for hours now and it is almost there. There is just a small problem with accuracy. I'm thinking it is due to my 800dpi mouse (but I don't really know). I have a 2000dpi mouse (MS Sidewinder X3) on it's way, do you think that will perfect the mouse movement?
Yes, 800dpi is quite low, a bit too low. 2000dpi will be much better.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Integrater

Post by Integrater »

Looking at the normalized values, where do I enter the x/y ratio? Do I put that into both x and y multiplier boxes?
McKack

Post by McKack »

When setting up a new config, in addition to the normalized values for whatever game you're making it for, just enter anything you want as both the x and y multiplier, something like 10 (this will result in a x/y ratio of 1.0 since both x and y are the same, namely 10)

After that, use calibration mode to find the best multiplier value for your use, and then adjust the x/y ratio to match either the normalized value, or whatever feels best.

I'm pretty swamped with work lately but when I get the time I'll update the Configuration & Calibration guide to include a very simple, straight-to-the-point walkthrough of making a new config from beginning to end, it should be a good reason and source for possibly making a video guide as well.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Integrater

Post by Integrater »

Simplifying the "guide" would be a tremendous help. I've read everything many times and I'm still a little clueless, especially when it comes to calibration mode.

Let me see if understand calibration mode right, you turn it on, switch over to the game (after writing down all the keys and what they do on the calibration screen) then using those keys to modify the values in game until you get it right?
McKack

Post by McKack »

Yes, after having made the configuration itself, you run the emulator in calibration mode to tweak the aim to your liking. The shortcuts are written in the GUI so no need to write anything down. You start off by pressing rctrl+f1, then jump between the different values with rctrl+f3 to f9, and scroll your mouse wheel to alter them. Then when you're done you press rctrl+f1 again to save any changes made.

P.S.
When altering the deadzone values the aim moves by itself (I mention this in the guide) so make sure to either jump back to altering the multiplier, for example, to test out changes done to the deadzone, or save, exit calibration mode and run it in normal grab mode to test it if calibration mode is laggy.
Integrater

Post by Integrater »

Thanks. Do you have any idea why when I press my E key to throw grenade it aslo switches to my pistol as well as Q throws flash then switches to claymore?

In the config the E and Q keys are not set to multiple actions. Here is my config if you could take a look and tell me if you see anything wrong in it you'd really be helping me out: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8834359/latest.xml