Help out a noob :)

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
McKack

Re: Help out a noob :)

Post by McKack »

E is bound to both TRIANGLE and R2 in your configuration 1, R2 in configuration 2
Q is bound to both UP and L2 in configuration 1, L2 in configuration 2

I suggest you clear out configuration 2 and delete the trigger under the Overall tab, for the time being as well (refer to the Tip I just added at the bottom of the "Multiple configurations" section in the Configuration & Calibration guide)
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Integrater

Post by Integrater »

How can i make my number 3 button to activate configuration 3, ive set it but it isnt working.
Here's my config. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8834359/latest.xml
Also i don't even know if configuration 2 activates when i press right mouse button can someone check please.
Thanks.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Integrater wrote:How can i make my number 3 button to activate configuration 3, ive set it but it isnt working.
There's nothing about that in config 3. You probably didn't save the config or misunderstood something. Read the "Multiple configurations" part of the "Configuration & Calibration" tutorial again.
GIMX creator
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

When a try to assing Right mouse button to thrigger Configuration 2 the program don't read the mouse click, so i modified the XML and it worked, there is any problem for doing that ?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Cybereu wrote:When a try to assing Right mouse button to thrigger Configuration 2 the program don't read the mouse click, so i modified the XML and it worked, there is any problem for doing that ?
Maybe it's the same problem than issue 91. This should be fixed in the next release.
GIMX creator
Integrater

Post by Integrater »

Any idea why one particular button won't work in bad company 2? I set my ADS to the right mouse button it doesn't work. All the other buttons do though, here's my config: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8834359/newbad.xml

Also I tried to use the emu from a usb drive through a usb 1.0 speed port but the controls didn't work, is that because it was so slow?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

You have to map the right button to the ADS button = l1 (in the Button panel) for both configs 1 & 2.

Your dead zone is wrong. The normalized dead zone is 31 for this game. Your config 2 exponents are very low. You should have the same exponents than config 1.

There are no button mappings in your config 2. Your config 2 should be equal to your config 1 (except the trigger and the multipliers).

You also configured useless stuff in config 3.
GIMX creator
Integrater

Post by Integrater »

Matlo wrote:You have to map the right button to the ADS button = l1 (in the Button panel) for both configs 1 & 2.

Your dead zone is wrong. The normalized dead zone is 31 for this game. Your config 2 exponents are very low. You should have the same exponents than config 1.

There are no button mappings in your config 2. Your config 2 should be equal to your config 1 (except the trigger and the multipliers).

You also configured useless stuff in config 3.
Thanks Matlo for all the help, however I cannot get the numbers right for Bad Company 2.

I tried these numbersyoupostedin another thread:

x 31/18.05/0.40
y 31/22.57/0.40

but it is way too slow. I tried to increase the multipliers to Y:100 and x:80 but it still isn't sensitive enough and it is also now not smooth enough :( I haven't made any changes to config 2 because I want to perfect config 1 first.

I have a 2000 dpi mouse, do you have any idea what the right numbers might be?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

The MS X3 has several dpi positions... are you sure your mouse is running at 2000dpi?

For 2000dpi, the x multiplier should be about 13.68 for config 1 and about 22.80 for config 2.
I'm not pulling these values out of my hat, these are the value you get if you convert the 5700dpi values to 2000dpi value with the "Replace Mouse DPI" tool of sixemuconf.

Use the calibration mode to set the x multiplier (not sixemuconf), it will adjust your y multiplier automatically.
GIMX creator
McKack

Post by McKack »

I ordered a copy of BF:BC2 a few days ago, so I'll probably be sharing my take on the config. I'll try it out in 2000 DPI too and see what feels like the best settings.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template