Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Biztoury

Re: G25 on PS4

Post by Biztoury »

Hello

Well i had same

Code: Select all

unhandled descriptor type: 0x24
with my PS4 Pro DualShock V2 and G25 (and never had it with ps4).

Yesterday i used Dualshock V1 and messages went out.

And for the

libusb_transfer failed with status LIBUSB_TRANSFER_ERROR
messages wich are not fatal errors on RPi as said Matlo Here

I had this messages too when i played with PS4 since i change for Pro (AND unplugged HDD from the Fourth usb port) i haven't anymore errors messages my logs are clean my RPi is the same !

I Resume:
My config
Gimx 6.4 on RPi2 Jessie with Charger sold with starter pack (2.0A i think)
Adapter: TiAO Gboard
Wheel : G25
Console : PS4 first and Pro now
Games : Project cars & Dirt Rally

RPi USB 4 Port : 1x TiAO card 1xDS4 V1 1xG25 the fourth is free

Resolved

unhandled descriptor type: 0x24
using DUALSHOCK V1 with ps4 pro

Resolved spam messages

libusb_transfer failed with status LIBUSB_TRANSFER_ERROR
only when i switch to Ps4pro AND i had to disconnect HDD from my fourth USB port in RPi (cause g25 was disconnecting after 5 min since i switch to pro)

Hope can be helpfull
Anskar

Re: G25 on PS4

Post by Anskar »

Thanks Biztoury for the info! I am simply ignoring such non-critical errors now anyway :D

One addition from my side: It was not all as perfect as it seemed at first. My G25 occasionally disconnected and I had to relaunch GIMX. In gaming the error was not too easy to reproduce and it did not appear in the beginning. It mainly happened on the middle of a straight and with that in mind it was not hard to make the error appear again: simply drive for about 3 seconds with full throttle in a straight line and the wheel disconnects.

This again sounded similar to the error in https://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5 ... t=feedback and the problem was that the wheel disconnect when there is no new input for a while. The solution was to let GIMX duplicate and send the input even if there was no change to the previous input. I thought GIMX does this on its own but then I found the "--force-updates" option which does it.

So in short: I now run GIMX with "--force-updates" and the error disappeared (at least it seems till now). Hope it helps ;)