GIMX 6.3 update problems

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Spronk

GIMX 6.3 update problems

Post by Spronk »

Hi Matlo,

I've been using GIMX 5.7 successfully for a long time now on Win 7 64 bit with a DIY USB adapter to emulate a G29 on PS4. I have tried to update to 6.3 a few times now, but without success, and have had to do a system restore on each occasion to get back to my working version of 5.7. The log file details are set out below:

Driver file operation error. Failed to open device symlink \\.\UsbDk (The system cannot find the file specified. Error code = 2)
Driver file operation error. Failed to open device symlink \\.\UsbDk (The system cannot find the file specified. Error code = 2)
global option -l with value `log.txt'
global option -c with value `LogitechMomoForce_G29.xml'
controller #1: option -p with value `COM3'
now reading arguments for controller #2
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
GIMX 6.3 x86_64
Windows 7 SP1 x64
Kernel version: 6.1 (7601)
USB adapter detected, controller type is: G29 PS4.
gusb.c:1065 gusb_open_ids: libusb_get_device_list failed with error: Other error
gusb.c:1065 gusb_open_ids: libusb_get_device_list failed with error: Other error
No controller was found on USB buses.
gimx.c:208 SDL_main: no adapter detected.

Can you suggest what I might need to do to get the latest version to work, please?

Many thanks in anticipation.
Matlo

Re: GIMX 6.3 update problems

Post by Matlo »

Looks like UDBSK is not installed. Did you install it at the end of the GIMX setup?
GIMX creator
Spronk

Post by Spronk »

Thanks, Matlo.
I took a cautious approach by disabling my antivirus application, ran the GIMX 6.3 installer and rebooted. I then manually installed the USBDK drivers. This installed the new drivers and uninstalled the existing ones. This implies that GIMX 6.3 installer will install USBK drivers, but that the system needs to be restarted before the drivers are correctly installed and recognised by Windows 7 64 bit. All running perfectly now, thank you. Keep up the great work, which is very much appreciated. :D
drpalich

Post by drpalich »

Spronk wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:12 pm Thanks, Matlo.
I took a cautious approach by disabling my antivirus application, ran the GIMX 6.3 installer and rebooted. I then manually installed the USBDK drivers. This installed the new drivers and uninstalled the existing ones. This implies that GIMX 6.3 installer will install USBK drivers, but that the system needs to be restarted before the drivers are correctly installed and recognised by Windows 7 64 bit. All running perfectly now, thank you. Keep up the great work, which is very much appreciated. :D