GIMX Versions 5.7 - 6.3 will not recognize my pedals

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Matlo

Re: GIMX Versions 5.7 - 6.3 will not recognize my pedals

Post by Matlo »

The wheel driver reports it supports effects. But it does not report which axis supports effects.
This is unusual and requires some specific code to handle that case.
The solution is probably to consider the X axis as supporting effects in this kind of situation.
GIMX creator
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

GIMX creator
Zero7159

Post by Zero7159 »

Thank you Matlo. I will try the new SDL2 version tonight when I get home from work.

I very much appreciate your help with this.
Zero7159

Post by Zero7159 »

Hi Matlo. I tried the new version of the SDL file and I still am not getting any FFB on my PC or PS4. Here are the EXE screens. Everything else, including my pedals, still work just fine.

Matlo

Post by Matlo »

GIMX creator
isamu

Post by isamu »

Hi Zero this is Julian ;)

Matlo, Zero is a friend of mine from the iracing forums. I'm the one who told him about GIMX and he's very impressed with the program. Zero has a direct drive wheel similar to my Bodnar but from another company. The way his wheel communicates with directInput/Windows should be similar to all other DInput devices but could also be doing a few minor things differently(axis, buttons, etc).

Zero is very eager to get FFB from his wheel from GIMX working properly! I just wanted say thanks Matlo for working with him on trying to get things sorted out.

I too had problems at first(no ffb effect at all, then no center spring effect), but Matlo was very patient with me eventually resolved my issues. Plus I'm sure he learned a few things about how to improve the FFb code in GIMX along the way.

Don't give up Zero, Mat is here to help and is a great guy. Hopefully he'll get your wheel to deliver true FFB effects soon. Keep me posted guys 8-)
Zero7159

Post by Zero7159 »

No worries guys, I am having a hoot playing Forza and Driveclub with my Accuforce, even without proper FFB. :D

GIMX is an amazing tool, it has added so much to my game play experience. I cannot say thank you enough times.

Thank you!!!
Zero7159

Post by Zero7159 »

Matlo, I ran the new test app and here is what I got:

Code: Select all

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Craig>cd C:\Users\Craig\Downloads

C:\Users\Craig\Downloads>ffb_2
Found haptic device: HID-compliant vendor-defined device
IDirectInputDevice8_SendForceFeedbackCommand failed (DISFFC_RESET)
IDirectInputDevice8_SendForceFeedbackCommand failed (DISFFC_SETACTUATORSON)
IDirectInputDevice8_SetProperty failed
Supported effects:
  constant force
    types: constant force, custom force, attack, fade, hardware, periodic, start delay,
    params:
      static: all params, axes, direction, duration, enveloppe, gain, start delay, trigger button, trigger repeat interval, type specific params,
      dynamic: all params, axes, direction, duration, enveloppe, gain, start delay, trigger button, trigger repeat interval, type specific params,
  ramp force
    types: attack, fade, hardware, periodic, ramp force, start delay,
    params:
      static: all params, axes, direction, duration, enveloppe, gain, start delay, trigger button, trigger repeat interval, type specific params,
      dynamic: all params, axes, direction, duration, enveloppe, gain, start delay, trigger button, trigger repeat interval, type specific params,
  square
    types: constant force, custom force, attack, fade, hardware, periodic, ramp force, start delay,
    params:
  sine
    types: constant force, custom force, attack, fade, hardware, periodic, ramp force, start delay,
    params:
  triangle
    params:
  sawtoothup
    params:
  sawtoothdown
    params:
  spring
    types: condition, custom force, deadband, hardware, saturation, start delay,
    params:
      static: all params, axes, direction, duration, gain, start delay, type specific params,
      dynamic: all params, axes, direction, duration, gain, start delay, type specific params,
  damper
    params:
      static: all params, axes, direction, duration, gain, start delay, type specific params,
      dynamic: all params, axes, direction, duration, gain, start delay, type specific params,
  inertia
    params:
  friction
    params:
  custom force
    types: condition, constant force, custom force, deadband, hardware, periodic, saturation, start delay,
    params:
Force axis X as force-feedback target
IDirectInputDevice8_CreateEffect failed
IDirectInputDevice8_SendForceFeedbackCommand failed

C:\Users\Craig\Downloads>
blanes

Post by blanes »

hey Guys I realize this post is very old, but I have an Accuforce wheel and never knew about this project until tonite. I have ordered the Adaptor just now from this site and have a couple of Q's.

Firstly, Is it correct that for using my Accuforce wheel, Fanatec V3 Pedals, and Clubsport shifter ONLY on PC I do NOT need a Raspberry Pi ?
However if I do need one, which is better ? Original Rasp Pi B+ Model or the newer/faster Rasp Pi 3 ?

Was this issue with the Force Feedback not working on the Accuforce wheel ever sorted out ? This thread seems to end with no conclusion.

Thanks and appreciate any answers.
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

blanes wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:18 am hey Guys I realize this post is very old, but I have an Accuforce wheel and never knew about this project until tonite. I have ordered the Adaptor just now from this site and have a couple of Q's.

Firstly, Is it correct that for using my Accuforce wheel, Fanatec V3 Pedals, and Clubsport shifter ONLY on PC I do NOT need a Raspberry Pi ?
However if I do need one, which is better ? Original Rasp Pi B+ Model or the newer/faster Rasp Pi 3 ?

Was this issue with the Force Feedback not working on the Accuforce wheel ever sorted out ? This thread seems to end with no conclusion.

Thanks and appreciate any answers.
Hello, welcome to GIMX

For the first question. Yes, you only need a pc to use gimx. Raspberry Pi is hardway to get started but it also works.
About the FFB feature, I'm not sure about it because I don't own any Accuforce wheel for testing.
And I think you should make a new topic for yourself :)
PS4 enthusiast.