Is there any way to...

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
JVZ

Is there any way to...

Post by JVZ »

Hey guys. Actually this question is just going to the developers.

Is there any way you can write such a program for the Xbox 360 Controller, because its Microsoft product it should be easyt?

Anyways in any of these cases could you please answer and describe why it would work or not work.

Thanks guys.

PS: Why I ask. XIM is just too expensive
cldfusion

Re: Is there any way to...

Post by cldfusion »

I'm no developer but, Migrosoft's controllers use encryption, that's why it is more difficult for developers to make xbox converters and xim needs to modify packets from the 360 controller instead of making a direct connection.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

It's not encryption, it's authentication. But yes, it's harder to make a 360 pad emulator than a ps3 pad emulator.
GIMX creator
McKack

Post by McKack »

Somewhat related just to get it out of the way - have you looked into emulating the Wiimote or Wii controllers, Matlo? Seeing as it's Bluetooth and all.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

No. I only have a ps3 and a 360.
GIMX creator
McKack

Post by McKack »

For shame. I'd send you my Wii to toy with if I lived in France.

Hopefully donations will just increase and increase non-stop ;)
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

There are not so many people (3 people, total = about 20€) making donations :|

About the wii, I'm sorry to say that I don't like this console (mainly because of its poor graphics), and that I will probably never buy it.

The only motion controller I want to play with is the ps move, because it's precise (compared to the wii motion controller) and has a low latency (compared to the kinect).
GIMX creator
Joss

Post by Joss »

Matlo wrote:The only motion controller I want to play with is the ps move, because it's precise (compared to the wii motion controller) and has a low latency (compared to the kinect).
That I can vouch for. I have two move controllers, once you go move you wont touch a wii mote ever again.
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

Matlo wrote:There are not so many people (3 people, total = about 20€) making donations

About the wii, I'm sorry to say that I don't like this console (mainly because of its poor graphics), and that I will probably never buy it.

The only motion controller I want to play with is the ps move, because it's precise (compared to the wii motion controller) and has a low latency (compared to the kinect).
So i will do my first donation in life... dont expect too much.
McKack

Post by McKack »