PS4, DFP: "Write queue for device" error

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Gray de Bolt

PS4, DFP: "Write queue for device" error

Post by Gray de Bolt »

Hello everyone! I encountered the following problem: when I successfully connect everything and start driving (in DriveClub and in DriveClub VR), my wheel disconnects in about 10 seconds or in a minute after i start the race. Here's log details:

global option -l with value `log.txt'
global option -c with value `LogitechDrivingForcePro_G29.xml'
controller #1: option -p with value `COM3'
now reading arguments for controller #2
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
GIMX 6.3 i386
Windows 7 SP1 x86
Kernel version: 6.1 (7601)
USB adapter detected, controller type is: G29 PS4.
found pass-through device 0x054c:0x05c4
Timer resolution: min=156001 max=5000 current=5000
using default refresh period: 5.00ms
0 1482783150.448500, wheel (-465)
0 1482783150.478500, wheel (-457)
0 1482783150.493500, wheel (-449)
0 1482783150.503500, wheel (-441)
0 1482783150.513500, wheel (-437)
Exiting
windows/async.c:165 queue_write: no space left in write queue for device (\\.\COM3)

The wheel is Logitech Driving Force Pro.
System is Windows 7 32 bit, running on a laptop.
For DIY adapter I use CP2102 adapter and Arduino Leonardo clone board. CP2102 is connected without any cables, directly into USB port.
USBDK is installed and I had no problems with controller authentication.
I use standard PS4 with the latest 4.07 firmware, trying to play DriveClub and DriveClub VR.
Everything-wheel,DIY adapter and DS4 are connected to USB hub, which is definitely not weakly powered.

In PS4 menu and in-game menus the wheel works for about 3-5 minutes or longer, but it disconnects in seconds or in a minute when I start the race and start to actively drive a car.
Energy settings for COM ports, USB hub and other devices are turned off, and the DIY adapter just works. The only issue is the disconnection, and I do not know what can I do next-have no idea about the error I got.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?
Last edited by Gray de Bolt on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matlo

Re: PS4, DFP: "Write queue for device" error

Post by Matlo »

Are you sure the USB to UART adapter has a CP2102 chip? Please verify.
Also, did you install the CP210x drivers at the end of the GIMX setup?
GIMX creator
Gray de Bolt

Post by Gray de Bolt »

Matlo wrote:Are you sure the USB to UART adapter has a CP2102 chip? Please verify.
Also, did you install the CP210x drivers at the end of the GIMX setup?
Yes, the drivers are installed (I did install them at the end of setup) and I can verify that my adapter has that chip.
Gray de Bolt

Post by Gray de Bolt »

Changed the cp2102 adapter, as I thought that the adapter was faulty, however that is not the case-these annoying disconnections are still here.
Tried different USB hub, powered as well-still the same, keep getting disconnections.
I even re-uploaded the firmware into my board, but there was no difference.
I tried plugging into different ports-no difference.
Reinstalled drivers, GIMX, Logitech Gaming Software, even Windows 7 itself...nope, no effect at all.

Is there actually anything else I can do to make GIMX finally work without any annoying disconnections at all because of the "write queue" error? It is still the same error I encountered several days ago.
Gray de Bolt

Post by Gray de Bolt »

The problem is finally solved!:)

With the research I did and with several trials and errors I experienced I figured out that this was my issue with the system as a whole. Instead of keeping with my Windows 7, I created Live USB with Ubuntu, ran it, did everything that was told in wiki and guess what? No more disconnects! I played for 1 hour in DriveClub, and I have no more complaints or problems anymore. Hopefully everything will be alright from this point on...)

Matlo-I'm very grateful for this wonderful software of yours! Full Force Feedback support and having no lag at all, just as if my wheel would've been natively supported...I will indeed spread the word about GIMX. I'm happy, very happy with it:)