Trouble with configuration and recognition G27 PS3

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Seth Francis

Trouble with configuration and recognition G27 PS3

Post by Seth Francis »

Hello, I found about GIMX over in the iracing forum. As soon as I saw the thread I knew this was something I have to have myself. I am dying to turn some laps in GT6 with my direct drive wheel, and other various hardware. Unfortunately I am a bit lost. I have been trying like heck to get up and running but I am encountering some issues.

This is what I would like to accomplish: Emulate a G27 on PS3 so I can run my various hardware with GT6 and other PS3 racing titles. If I can make this work then I will attempt to do the same with PS4 and GTSport when it is released.

Here is what I have done so far.

1) Purchased CP2102 USB adapter (same exact black one that is used in the kit for sale)

2) Already had Arduino Leonardo board

3) Downloaded and installed GIMX (installed the CP210x drivers), downloaded and installed Arduino Builder Tool (right clicked and installed .ini file and made sure both the .cat and .ini files are within the same file on my desktop)

4) Wired the adapter to the Leo according to the wiki tutorial (I am pretty sure I have the wiring correct for my adapter as the com port is recognized in GIMX launcher as COM14, this is also the COM port listed in the Arduino Builder when doing the Firmware loading).

5) Loaded G27PS3 emulation hex file to the Leo by fallowing the wiki tutorial. Arduino builder tool confirmed that the programming was successful.

6) Attempted with only partial success to configure inputs. I could only get one Fanatec wheel base (in PC mode) to configure properly. I selected G27 from the "type" menu, selected the input I would like to map from the drop down towards the right, clicked auto detect and pressed the button/input I wished to map to that selection, the button would be recognized and I would save that to the configuration list by clicking add. For some reason this is the only device I can get to work. When I attempt to map inputs from my Elite pedals or my HE shifter (both via separate USB ports to PC) the inputs are not recognized, nothing happens when I click add and attempt to activate the desired input. Just to confirm, the devices I am using are all recognized in windows and the inputs show properly within their respective control panels.

7) Finally, I attempted to connect the GIMX with the PS3 to see if that part was working properly. I used the same Fanatec base that worked when configuring inputs. I first connected the DS3 to the PS3 via USB, powered on the PS3, waited until I was in the PS3 main UI, then I unplugged the DS3 and plugged in the GIMX. I could not get any of the inputs to work (attempting to navigate the menu) and when I would unplug and plug back in the GIMX to the PS3 the I notices in the top right corner of the PS3 UI a note would say unknown USB device attached or something very similar to that.

I can't seem to figure out what I have done wrong here or where I am messing up. I attempted to load one of the G27-G29 configurations within the launcher but when I clicked check it said that the G29 was not found. I made my own test configuration (again only with that one Fanatec base since none of my other devices inputs are recognized) and when I click check on the config I made it says it checks out ok. When I click start however it fails saying something about GIMX ran for 5 seconds. I can provide screenshots of the text that comes up after the failure if it helps. I can also make a video of everything that I have done so far if that would be useful.

I would really love to figure out what I am doing wrong here. I think I need a step by step for getting the GIMX + PS3 up and running together after the unit has been wired and the Firmware has been loaded. If I am able to figure this out I would be happy to write up or record video of a detailed tutorial specifically for getting from the point of having your GIMX all loaded with the proper FW to actually having it up and working as an emulated G27 on PS3. That way anyone else who wants to do something similar will not be as lost as I am :oops:

Thank you for your time and attention and I apologize for the long post. Cheers, Seth.
Matlo

Re: Trouble with configuration and recognition G27 PS3

Post by Matlo »

Generate a log file as explained here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=691
And also post your configuration (open it with a text editor).
GIMX creator