Logitech Wheel "off center" on PC Game

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
nitrohepcat

Logitech Wheel "off center" on PC Game

Post by nitrohepcat »

New to the world of driving wheel games, and I just picked up a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel and Pedal set on Craigslist to use with GIMX and project cars on my ps4. I have a driving game on steam that I'd thought I'd check out the wheel on - Burnout Paradise (STEAM version for the PC) - before diving into the GIMX build.

Installed Logitech Profiler 5.10.127 dated 6/14/2010, the 64 bit version on the PC. The calibration of the wheel worked perfectly.
Burnout Paradise for the PC sees the wheel just fine and the setup screen responds to the wheel and pedals normally.

The Problem - once the game starts, the car pulls to the right - a lot. Have to steel to the left about 30 degrees to keep it on the road. The force feedback and centering tries to pull it back to the right and I'm crashing into walls. Otherwise everything else (buttons, pedals, hi lo shifter) work ok.\

Took apart the wheel to see if there was a loose encoder or something - but it's in mint condition. No damage or dust inside. The wheel even has the protective plastic still on the horn button, it looks like it was never used.

Next troubleshooting steps? Press on with the GIMX project and see how it works with the ps4? Maybe I should have dove right into the GIMX project, but I wanted to see if my wheel was OK. Your suggestions are appreciated, thanks.
nitrohepcat

Re: Logitech Wheel "off center" on PC Game

Post by nitrohepcat »

Followed up by trying out a different PC game with my wheel. This time I downloaded kartracing pro http://kartracing-pro.com/
during the wheel calibration, I noticed that the cursor representing wheel position ended up left of center.

Is it possible to compensate for this in the GIMX setup?

I plan to use the wheel with project CARS on the PS4 - but I need to know that I have a good wheel to start my GIMX project with - and it's looking like that isn't the case. Please advise.
Matlo

Re: Logitech Wheel "off center" on PC Game

Post by Matlo »

Sadly there's currently no way to compensate this through GIMX.
GIMX creator