Gimx USB drops out

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
will

Gimx USB drops out

Post by will »

Hi,

Started playing ps4 again with gimx, had 5.4 installed on win10 64bit, it kept on producing the error gimx has stopped working. Upgraded to the latest version 6.2 and that resolved the stopped working crashes, how ever every 5 minutes or so gimx drops out, im using it with cronus/usb. Once it drops out i'm able to move the mouse curser on the screen although I've still to ALT+ESC then close the gimx.exe cmd screen, then start again from the launcher.

I swapped out the libusb.dll with the one in the guide but didn't help. Is this an authentication issue?

Also checked the device properties and turned off power save for the usb devices incase that was the issue. It lasts for around 15mins before it drops out, consistently.

(although interestingly, it doesn't drop out if I leave it running idle).

Will
Matlo

Re: Gimx USB drops out

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
Authentication is not handled by GIMX when using a GPP/Cronus/Titan device.
Did you attach a DS4 to your Cronus?
Also, make sure that you don't have a task manager opened in background as it will make the mouse pointer to be released.
GIMX creator
will

Post by will »

Resolved it. Your hint about the task manager led me to close all the background processes then test it which removed the drop outs. Thanks.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Did you identify the guilty process?
GIMX creator
will

Post by will »

I haven't but I will slowly try and identify which one it was.

I have a suspicion its an app running called Blue Iris tools, which is a CCTV maintenance app which periodically checks if our CCTV system is online and if not restarts it, also Steam is high on my suspect list. Normally I close these apps with Cortana and a few device apps.