DFGT Disconnection problem and ds4 authentication.

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Stephane4985

DFGT Disconnection problem and ds4 authentication.

Post by Stephane4985 »

Hi, first thank you for Gimx 6 and support of new DS4. It worked in being able to start Gimx and have my DFGT to work.

But now, I have another problem, my wheel seems to lose communication after a few minutes. It seems to be more than 5 minutes but less than 10.

I checked usb power management, eveything is off. I check my connection on the cp2102 and teensy2+ and everything also seems to be good. I guess it connection were bad, it would not be working at all.

At this point, I don't know what to do.

I am running Vista on an Centrino 2 laptop. I just reformat it and reinstall all but it still do this.Maybe the computer is not fast enough?

Maybe it has something to do with the DS4 authentication?

Right now I have not install anything regarding the ds4 on the computer. When I plug it, Vista and gimx config detect it as a wireless controller. So I edit the config to change PS4 Controller for Wireless Controller, so GIMX would detect it. IS it ok? Do I have to install something to have the computer recognize it as a PS4 controller? Could it explains why I have the disconnecting after a few minutes behavior?

Also, Each time I start using GIMX, it seems it re-detect the controller and reintall the drivers everytime. And While I am playing I see a windows asking me to restart the computer. I usually ignore this window and keep playing, until the wheel disconnect. Do you think it is because of that that it disconnect?

The usb cable I use for the controller is the one I got with it and it seems to work fine to charge the controller so I don't think it is defective.

If only there was somw kind of logs, but it only stop working.

Oh and also, when it disconnect, the wheel usually start working again after 1 or 2 minutes.
Last edited by Stephane4985 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stephane4985

Re: DFGT Disconnection problem and ds4 authentication.

Post by Stephane4985 »

Another question, does the DS4 controller should be lit up when I am playing?

Right now, it gloes orange when I plug it in and start GIMX, but it never actually lit up white/blue. And I can't remember, when it stop working, if the light still flash orange slowly.

Does the controller still do the authentication when it is in "flashing orange" mode?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
Did you turn off the Dualshock 4 before connecting it to the PS4?
GIMX creator
Stephane4985

Post by Stephane4985 »

Yes. I usually dont turn on the comtroller at all. I powerup the ps4 using the power button on the console itself.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I hope Sony didn't change the authentication for the new controller. It would break cross-device authentication.
I will get one in a few days to check how it behaves. I'll keep you posted.
GIMX creator
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Something you can try is to unpair your DS4 from your PS4 before using it with GIMX.
GIMX creator
Stephane4985

Post by Stephane4985 »

I will try.

Also, there is a settings on the ps4 to choose if we want the controller to communicate via bluetooth or cable. Do you think it would help to switch it to cable instead of bluetooth?

And what about the settings in the ps4 that turns off the controller after 10 minutes? Should I disable this or it does not impact GIMX? (edit: tried it and didn't change anything.)
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Stephane4985 wrote:Also, there is a settings on the ps4 to choose if we want the controller to communicate via bluetooth or cable. Do you think it would help to switch it to cable instead of bluetooth?
Try this if un-pairing is not enough.
GIMX creator
Stephane4985

Post by Stephane4985 »

when you talk about unpairing the device, are you talking about going in the bluetooth device menu and selecting disconect or it is something more than that?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

In the bluetooth device menu, disconnect it, and then use another controller (e.g. GIMX) to delete it from the list.
GIMX creator