G27 clutch affects brake: GIMX 5.8 on rbpi

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
jl1101

G27 clutch affects brake: GIMX 5.8 on rbpi

Post by jl1101 »

Hi!

My new GIMX setup is a USB adapter built according to the dummies tutorial and an automated raspberry pi using the automated image by bertie (https://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 5&start=50). I'm having a new slim PS4 but I got GIMX to work using an old DS4.

The PS4 has no problem recognising the G27. Using the G27 buttons to navigate the menus is perfect. In game, the FFB, the gas pedal, and the H shifter (and the buttons) seem to be perfect.

However, the clutch (or the H-shifter, not really sure) seems to interfere with the brake pedal. Somehow after the clutch is pressed, the brake starts to behave erratically, e.g. when I press down the clutch in a heel-and-toe downshift (with the brake pedal pressed), the brake starts to release itself in game even though the brake remains pressed down physically. The brake only reapplies only after I release it and press it again. Also, the clutch may behave erratically after this: when the clutch is pressed, it starts to brake. I've ruled out a hardware problem by testing the G27 on PS3.

I know I should have provided a log here by I'm a raspberry/linux noob: the automated raspbian system was set not to start with the GUI.

Any help is deeply appreciated! Thanks a lot!
jl1101

Re: G27 clutch affects brake: GIMX 5.8 on rbpi

Post by jl1101 »

Weird: somehow after I re-burn the automated raspbian image, this problem is fixed.
Maybe some configs were messed up in the rbpi after I played for some time previously?
I'll continue to monitor whether this problem will come back.
Matlo

Re: G27 clutch affects brake: GIMX 5.8 on rbpi

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
The only supported version is the latest one, which is GIMX 6.0 at this time!
GIMX creator