Joystick Not Found (DIY G27 adapter)

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
patrickwlt

Joystick Not Found (DIY G27 adapter)

Post by patrickwlt »

Hello! I'm one step away from getting my G27 to work on the PS4, but upon loading GIMX Launcher I get "joystick not found: Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB (0)" error when I click Check.

I'm using Windows 7, and in my device manager I have "G27 Racing Wheel" and when I use GIMX Configuration auto detect button and press any wheel button it detects it perfectly under device as G27 Racing Wheel". For the launcher I'm just using a configuration I downloaded based on the launchers suggestion.

I'm using Teensy board and followed the basic DIY guide and I'm pretty darn good with attention to detail when setting up so I don't think I have issues with that... but if you think I might, I can upload a photo

Like a true professional, here's a photo from my phone since the computer I'm using GIMX on is not connected to the Internet

patrickwlt

Re: Joystick Not Found (DIY G27 adapter)

Post by patrickwlt »

Well I can't delete, so here's the solution (as found on another thread, page 2)

In config, the g27 loads as G27 Racing Wheel while the launcher was looking for Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB.

You need to open the LogitechG27_G29.xml file in WordPad and replace every instance of Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB with G27 Racing Wheel (or whatever your config is calling it!)

The only issue I have now is I can't assign the options button to anything on the wheel.
I've clicked modify > auto detect > pressed a button (red button 4 and last button on wheel for testing), clicked apply and saved but it doesn't seem to register on the ps4 as the options button, so I can't test out anything since the only racing game I have needs the option button to start! Hopefully Drive Club VR doesn't need it...
Matlo

Re: Joystick Not Found (DIY G27 adapter)

Post by Matlo »

Please post your config.
GIMX creator