Adapter not detected when connected to PS4?

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Tristan

Adapter not detected when connected to PS4?

Post by Tristan »

Adapter Specs:

Code: Select all

- CP2102 USB to Serial
- atmega32u4 Pro Micro AVR Board
- Arch Linux / Windows 10 ( Linux on Desktop, Windows on Laptop, problem persists on both platforms )
- EMUPS4/atmega32u4.hex Firmware ( I've reflashed this a couple times to make make sure firmware wasn't the issue )
Wiring (Shitty GIMP edit w/ the hardware I'm using):
Spoiler: show
Swapping the RX and TX makes no difference, and if I try to flash firmware with the two inverted it fails so I'm fairly certain this is correct.
Yesterday I had set up my adapter and flashed the proper firmware with no issues. When I run GIMX with both the CP2102 and the AVR board connected to my PC GIMX detects the adapter and firmware just fine. When I connect to the board to my PS4, however, it no longer detects the adapter... wat do?

Also here's the output when it fails:
Spoiler: show

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\GIMX>gimx -p COM3 -c Destiny.xml --status
controller #1: option -p with value `COM3'
now reading arguments for controller #2
global option -c with value `Destiny.xml'
status flag is set
ReadFile failed: timeout expired.
can't read packet header
No controller detected.
adapter_detect failed
Edit: Something else I noticed is that gimx seems to alternate between 'can't read packet header' and 'can't read packet data' when I run it; not sure if that's useful; I'm thinking my PS4 is having troubles picking up the board when I plug it in? There's not any sort of visual/auditory feedback when I unplug and replug the board to the console...
Matlo

Re: Adapter not detected when connected to PS4?

Post by Matlo »

I suspect a weak connection on the Pro Micro. Did you solder pins or wires? It can't work with loose connection.
GIMX creator