Forza horizon 3 pc dfgt

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
lheywood23

Forza horizon 3 pc dfgt

Post by lheywood23 »

Hi i was wondering can you use the gimx to emulate g29 for pc as the logitech driving force gt is not supported for forza horizon 3
Matlo

Re: Forza horizon 3 pc dfgt

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
There are good chances that it will work.
GIMX creator
isamu

Post by isamu »

Skaface wrote:Hi, I have a logitech driving force pro steering wheel, and have just bought forza horizon 3 for PC.
This game and other windows store games dont support the driving force pro, but they support the driving force G25 and G27. Is it possible to use the GIMX converter and a raspberry pi to convert my driving force pro into a G25 or G27 and have it plugged into a PC rather than a playstation?
As far as I can work out, this should be possible? I just want to confirm before I buy the parts to construct the hardware.

Thanks
lheywood23 wrote:Hi i was wondering can you use the gimx to emulate g29 for pc as the logitech driving force gt is not supported for forza horizon 3
Matlo wrote:Hi,
There are good chances that it will work.
Hi Matlo,

I just wanted jump in and say for the record that I am very happy to hear you say this. I admit this is something I've been pondering for a while and is one of the reasons I'm excited that you're working on getting FFB working with other DI wheels.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but once you complete the FFB effects for Non-Logitech Dinput wheels, let's say I decide to connect two different Windows PCs to each other using the USB cable and GIMX Adapter:

If PC #1 has all my devices plugged in, and PC #2 is my main desktop, if my theory and assumption is correct, PC #2 should see PC #1(the one with my wheels and pedals and other devices) as *ONE* single Logitech wheel? Is this how it should work?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Note that this is not officially a supported feature.
There are good chances that one of the Logitech wheel emulation (G27 or G29) will work.
And you don't need a second computer: plugging both sides of the adapter to the same computer should work just fine.
GIMX creator
isamu

Post by isamu »

Matlo wrote:Note that this is not officially a supported feature.
There are good chances that one of the Logitech wheel emulation (G27 or G29) will work.
And you don't need a second computer: plugging both sides of the adapter to the same computer should work just fine.
I understand and that is very encouraging news my friend! Although I agree plugging both ends into the same PC should also work, once the beta feature is ready, I will still attempt to connect two PCs(since I have a spare Laptop) and see if that method also works. Only reason I'd rather use two PCs, is because even with G27 emulation, some games/emulators I play do not work properly *due* to having multiple devices plugged in: Cannonball, Grand Prix Legends, OutRun 2006, and GRID 2 are just a few examples. So we'll see what happens, Fingers crossed. Anyway I'll let you get back to work. Keep up the excellent job! 8-)
Skaface

Post by Skaface »

Hi, I took the step of purchasing the hardware to give this a go,
i loaded the firmware for G27 PS3 emulation, it all runs, and windows detects a Logitech G27 racing wheel USB, but in device manager it shows with a yellow exclamation mark on the device. I have the game controller and the emulator hardware both running on the one PC using 2 USB ports. I wonder if theres some sort of conflict in having 2 logitech steering wheel devices on the one computer, i might try running GIMX software on a raspberry pi so that the driving force pro wheel is not plugged into the PC

in properties for this device it says in device status:

This device cannot start. (code 10)
STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR

and in the events tab for this device i get the following:

Device USB\VID_046D&PID_C29B\5&f3bfe3&0&5 could not be migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_08BB&PID_2902&MI_03\7&1B84C424&0&0003
Class Guid: {745A17A0-74D3-11D0-B6FE-00A0C90F57DA}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF0000F122
Present: false
isamu

Post by isamu »

Skaface wrote: it all runs, and windows detects a Logitech G27 racing wheel USB, but in device manager it shows with a yellow exclamation mark on the device.
I'm not surprised about the exclamation mark, like you said it's most likely some sort of conflict. Let us know what happens once you connect from your RasberryPi device. I'm betting that exclamation mark will go away. Like I said, I'm of the philosophy that using seperate PC, whether it's raspberry pi or another Windows machine, will yield better results, particularly for games like Forza Horizon 3 which I've heard does NOT play nice if you have multiple devices plugged in. But in either case we'll see happens.
Skaface

Post by Skaface »

Well... I spent my afternoon setting up my raspberry pi so the next configuration I tried was

logitech driving force pro --> raspberry pi --> GIMX converter --> PC

and I have exactly the same issue with the device being detected by windows but not loading properly :-(
at least we know for sure its not just a conflict with having 2 of the same type of controller installed in windows

EDIT: since this I have tried loading the standard joystick rom onto the micro and it works perfectly! So it is something to do with the logitech roms that are having issues talking to windows
isamu

Post by isamu »

Skaface wrote: EDIT: since this I have tried loading the standard joystick rom onto the micro and it works perfectly! So it is something to do with the logitech roms that are having issues talking to windows
Thanks for the report. Very interesting!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

@Skaface

Please try the EMUG27PC firmware from latest release:
https://github.com/matlo/GIMX-firmwares/releases/latest
GIMX creator