Pwning, not me. D:

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
HolySheep

Pwning, not me. D:

Post by HolySheep »

Awesome program, you can't argue about that. But I got problem with a good config for pwning some noobs. Everything that I tried is giving me bad aim. I tried changing the mouse polling rate, other dpi's, high/low sensitity and low/hing exponents. Maybe it's the 800dpi mouse or that I actually suck at CoD?
uwontprevail

Re: Pwning, not me. D:

Post by uwontprevail »

HolySheep wrote:Awesome program, you can't argue about that. But I got problem with a good config for pwning some noobs. Everything that I tried is giving me bad aim. I tried changing the mouse polling rate, other dpi's, high/low sensitity and low/hing exponents. Maybe it's the 800dpi mouse or that I actually suck at CoD?
Ok 800 dpi

Set your polling rate to 125hz, or 100hz.

Then set your exponent for both x and y to .40
Set the X and y deadzone to 30.

Try that out and see if it helps.
Your multiplier should be set depending on how fast you want your aim to be.

I like my x-y ratio to be 2.0 so basically your y should be double what your x is.

These are all just my opinion.

Try them out and see if it changes things.
HolySheep

Post by HolySheep »

Ty for an answer so fast. I will try that. And maybe getting my camp on instead of running around like a chicken without a head would also help lol.

EDIT: If you get gimx up and running will it give you some sort of advantage if your a pc gamer of origin?
weebzz

Post by weebzz »

Also make sure you save your new calibration and give it a try without being in calibration mode. I've had great configurations scare me a couple times (being laggy) then realizing I forgot to turn calibration mode off and it went back to being absolutely perfect.
HolySheep wrote: EDIT: If you get gimx up and running will it give you some sort of advantage if your a pc gamer of origin?
Haha you would think that wouldn't you? I've either seriously underestimated my console playing friends or I can chalk it up to other factors like not knowing the maps/hiding places/etc. Keep at it though, man. Once you find the right config you'll have a blast regardless of whether or not you're raping everyone --- admittedly raping everyone is more fun though!
PSN: weebzz | Steam: y0shimi
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Check this: link.

The only thing you have to change is the x multiplier of both configs 1 & 2, using the calibration mode.
As the calibration mode lags in Linux, save+quit, and test without being in calibration mode.
GIMX creator
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

weebzz wrote:Also make sure you save your new calibration and give it a try without being in calibration mode. I've had great configurations scare me a couple times (being laggy) then realizing I forgot to turn calibration mode off and it went back to being absolutely perfect.
HolySheep wrote: EDIT: If you get gimx up and running will it give you some sort of advantage if your a pc gamer of origin?
Haha you would think that wouldn't you? I've either seriously underestimated my console playing friends or I can chalk it up to other factors like not knowing the maps/hiding places/etc. Keep at it though, man. Once you find the right config you'll have a blast regardless of whether or not you're raping everyone --- admittedly raping everyone is more fun though!
Its much better than being last place every single map with the controller.

At least with mouse and keyboard i can kill people from long range.

And i'm usually never below third place.
weebzz

Post by weebzz »

uwontprevail wrote: At least with mouse and keyboard i can kill people from long range.

And i'm usually never below third place.
Oh for sure about the being last aspect. I can't even begin to compete / have fun with the console controllers. As for top 3? Haha I wish. Once in a blue moon though I'll have a really good game.
PSN: weebzz | Steam: y0shimi
HolySheep

Post by HolySheep »

Ty everybody for helping. But still got a little problem with the x multiplier. Is there a value for x so that the in game sensitivity = mouse sensitivity?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

This depends on your mouse DPI.

Did you tried to tweak the x multiplier with the calibration mode?

In Linux the calibration mode lags, so that you have to modify, save, and quit the calibration mode, and test the new value with the calibration mode disabled.
GIMX creator
HolySheep

Post by HolySheep »

Matlo wrote:This depends on your mouse DPI.
I have a mouse with 800dpi
Matlo wrote:Did you tried to tweak the x multiplier with the calibration mode?
Yes I tried and then tested the tweak without calabration (gui or terminal)