Raspberry Pi3 + DIY USB + G27=Perfect only for a few minutes

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
5nchaos

Re: Raspberry Pi3 + DIY USB + G27=Perfect only for a few minutes

Post by 5nchaos »

Hi all,

i'm trying to get my PI2 running with GIMX (i'm using 6.5) and facing exactly the same issues like "desato" and "dermax93".
After a few minutes my steering wheel G27 "turns off" (ffb not available and no steering possible) and starts blinking.
I'm tried to use different USB-Cables, different power supplies and have an active USB-Hub installed.
This is maybe my 5th try to keep it running. (My last attempt was 4-5 month ago)
As the both guys faced on their end - with a PC & GIMX everything runs smoothly and without issues.
It's a fresh installation of Jessi Pixel via Noobs.
No clue how "desato" got it running, but it seems it not depends on the 6.4 version, due to i'm facing this issue with the 6.5.

Any other ideas on that?

Thanks & Best regards,
5NChaos
Dasato

Post by Dasato »

5nchaos wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:23 pm Hi all,

i'm trying to get my PI2 running with GIMX (i'm using 6.5) and facing exactly the same issues like "desato" and "dermax93".
After a few minutes my steering wheel G27 "turns off" (ffb not available and no steering possible) and starts blinking.
I'm tried to use different USB-Cables, different power supplies and have an active USB-Hub installed.
This is maybe my 5th try to keep it running. (My last attempt was 4-5 month ago)
As the both guys faced on their end - with a PC & GIMX everything runs smoothly and without issues.
No clue how "desato" got it running, but it seems it not depends on the 6.4 version, due to i'm facing this issue with the 6.5.

Any other ideas on that?

Thanks & Best regards,
5NChaos
I promise I did nothing more than install Jessy, downloaded from raspberry web page. Then I installed GIMX 6.4 with these commands.

wget https://gimx.fr/download/gimx-raspbian -O gimx.deb
sudo dpkg -i gimx.deb
sudo apt-get -f install

I didn’t ipdate nothing more, just that. Then I create the service as It’s indicated.
I’m using the same USB cables, the same Rpi, the same G27, the same power supply (3A), no USB hub, nothing has changed, but it works.

This is the image that I'm using on my RPi3

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5zD5 ... GZLWW8zTFU

VNC and SSH enabled, default pass and GIMX 6.4 starts at boot.

Hope this will help you.
5nchaos

Post by 5nchaos »

Dasato wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:03 pm
5nchaos wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:23 pm Hi all,

Any other ideas on that?

Thanks & Best regards,
5NChaos
I promise I did nothing more than install Jessy, downloaded from raspberry web page. Then I installed GIMX 6.4 with these commands.

wget https://gimx.fr/download/gimx-raspbian -O gimx.deb
sudo dpkg -i gimx.deb
sudo apt-get -f install

I didn’t ipdate nothing more, just that. Then I create the service as It’s indicated.
I’m using the same USB cables, the same Rpi, the same G27, the same power supply (3A), no USB hub, nothing has changed, but it Works.

This is the image that I'm using on my RPi3

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5zD5 ... GZLWW8zTFU

VNC and SSH enabled, default pass and GIMX 6.4 starts at boot.

Hope this will help you.
Thanks for your feedback and good to hear thats still running on your end - this let me hope to find a solution for me ;)
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
Try downgrading the firmware:

Code: Select all

sudo rpi-update 771a503cfc2a1130e2df2a4ddfc45ffa0f592b3f
sudo reboot
https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=RP ... are_update
GIMX creator
5nchaos

Post by 5nchaos »

Short Update:

With the firmware downgrade it is running much better, but not perfect - sometimes i can play hours without an outage and sometimes only a few minutes...
Dasato

Post by Dasato »

5nchaos wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:02 am Short Update:

With the firmware downgrade it is running much better, but not perfect - sometimes i can play hours without an outage and sometimes only a few minutes...

Same here, but it fails only once every 20 times or more, so I don't worry, I restart the Pi and back to action.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Someone in another thread suggested adding the "--force-updates" to the gimx command line.
I think it is worth trying it.
GIMX creator
5nchaos

Post by 5nchaos »

Matlo wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:06 pm Someone in another thread suggested adding the "--force-updates" to the gimx command line.
I think it is worth trying it.
Thanks Malto...

I'll give it a try and post my feedback after testing it a few days...

Best,
5nchaos
5nchaos

Post by 5nchaos »

Hi all,

unfortunately no progress on this with the mentioned option "--force-updates".
I've still the problem, that (as mentioned - regular but not always) after a few minutes the environment stops working.
I switched back to use my laptop with gimx, due to the stability issues with the PI solution.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please provide a log file so that I can investigate the issue.
GIMX creator