2x DIY USB adapters + PS4 causes disconnect

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
dapharsyde

2x DIY USB adapters + PS4 causes disconnect

Post by dapharsyde »

It appears that when I connect 2 PS4's to 2 DIY USB adapters on the same PC, I only need to have 1 PS4 controller attached to the PC to get everything started properly. Unfortunately, after about 10-15 minutes, both of the adapters lose control of their respective PS4's. I believe commands are still being sent by the adapter, but the PS4's do not acknowledge them. I assume this problem is caused by some conflict when the adapters simultaneously make a request to/from the attached PS4 controller.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can get 2 DIY USB adapters to emulate PS4 controllers simultaneously? Many thanks for your hard work on this, Matlo!
Matlo

Re: 2x DIY USB adapters + PS4 causes disconnect

Post by Matlo »

Each DIY USB adapter requires its own DS4 controller.
This problem is specific to the Windows version: it should work fine in Ubuntu 14.04.
In Windows it can't work because both DIY USB adapters get the same DS4 as authentication source, which results in an authentication failure after about 8 minutes.
The next GIMX release should fix this issue.
GIMX creator
dapharsyde

Post by dapharsyde »

Hi Matlo,

You are spot on with your analysis - I am experiencing this issue in windows. By any chance, is this fix checked into your dev branch on github? If so, I am comfortable compiling myself and testing it out. If not, I will patiently await the next release. Thanks!

Edit: I found that you closed this issue https://github.com/matlo/GIMX/issues/305 which references multiple gimx instances with GPP/Cronus/Titan. Do these changes also fix the issue with DIY USB adapters?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

Compiling the dev branch is not enough. The dev branch requires patched dll libraries (SDL + libusb).
Issue #305 does not fix this, it is specific to the GPP/Cronus/Titan devices.
GIMX creator
dapharsyde

Post by dapharsyde »

Hi Matlo -

I recently installed GIMX 4.2 and as you predicted, this problem is now fixed. Many thanks for your continued hard work on this project - I submitted a 25€ donation to you today!

Thanks again!