PC to PS3 usb issue

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
tarrant_01

PC to PS3 usb issue

Post by tarrant_01 »

Ok lets see if we can get this resolved. I got the pinned teensy board and the CP2102 converter, hooked it up as shown in the tutorial. I am running Vista, loaded up two different hex files to the teensy. When I run the emu serial application I am only getting COM3 as an option. Windows is asking for drivers for the CP2102 which I did try installing from silabs but it just added COM4 to the list. I've since uninstalled those drivers. I am able to start the emu, and the gui is showing feedback, but the PS3 isn't recognizing anything, no joystick connection or anything. It's a Fat PS3 originally 40GB, upped to 250GB. System software is 3.66.
Matlo

Re: PC to PS3 usb issue

Post by Matlo »

Did you tried these CP2102 windows drivers?
GIMX creator
tarrant_01

Post by tarrant_01 »

Yes I have. That's the set I have currently.
tarrant_01

Post by tarrant_01 »

Bleh, now it is working hehe. Seems to be a common issue for me.
McKack

Post by McKack »

I had a similar problem when I first used the adapter, the CP2102 was assigned to COM20 (wtf) but COM2 happened to be available so I manually changed it and now it's working automatically each time I fire up the emulator.

My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
gimxfanboy

Post by gimxfanboy »

tarrant_01 wrote:Bleh, now it is working hehe. Seems to be a common issue for me.
Hey could you tell me what you did exactly?
McKack wrote:I had a similar problem when I first used the adapter, the CP2102 was assigned to COM20 (wtf) but COM2 happened to be available so I manually changed it and now it's working automatically each time I fire up the emulator.
Did you have exactly the same problem? I don't get it. I have COM3 and COM4 available, neither of them work! :(
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

What COM# do you have in the device manager for the cp2102?

If it is higher than or equal to COM10, it won't be correctly detected by sixemugui. Just change it to a lower value. This will be corrected in the next version (issue 97).
GIMX creator