GIMX on Raspberry Pi

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
Davwot

Re: GIMX on Raspberry Pi

Post by Davwot »

So I finally got my raspberry Pi however I wanted to know if anyone managed to get this thing working with the onboard uart?
If so could you provide information to which pins you connected it to on the board or does it not matter?
Is there any additional software I need to install to get GIMX working with the UART?

Also my keyboard is not working when I link it all up with the powered USB, its weird because if I put it into GUI mode it will detect if I press Ctrl + F1 however it doesn't seem to register the command inputs on the game. Mouse works fine.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

The pinout can be found there: http://elinux.org/Rpi_Low-level_periphe ... .28GPIO.29

WARNING: the rpi works at 0V/3.3V levels, whereas the teensy works at 0V/5V levels. You should not directly wire outputs of the teensy to any pin of the rpi!
  • connect both GNDs
  • it's safe to connect the tx pin (TXD) of the rpi to the rx pin (D2) of the teensy (using the GIMX teensy firmware, the D2 pin is configured as an input)
  • to connect the tx pin (D3) of the teensy to the rx pin (RXD) of the rpi, you'll need to convert the voltage level from 0..5V to 0..3.3V
    This can be done with a simple resistive divider:

Vin is the D3 pin of the teensy, Vout is the rx pin of the rpi, R1=2.2kΩ , R2=3.3kΩ
  • do not connect any other pin
Note that wiring the tx pin of the teensy to the rx pin of the rpi is only required for the 360 controller spoofing. It doesn't need to be wired for the PS3.

The only remaining issue is to make the serial port run at the right speed (500kbit/s).
Some leads:
GIMX creator
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Davwot, does your keyboard work outside of GIMX? Maybe a power issue? Does a self-powered USB hub solve the issue?
GIMX creator
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I managed to talk to a Teensy over a SPI port, which is easier to configure than the UART.
And it's faster than the CP2102: 4Mbps vs 0.5Mbps!
GIMX creator
Davwot

Post by Davwot »

Oh cool, was it easy?
Do you think you could provide a tutorial on how to set it up?
Can we see some pictures maybe?
Matlo wrote:Davwot, does your keyboard work outside of GIMX? Maybe a power issue? Does a self-powered USB hub solve the issue?
Yeah the keyboard works outside of the GIMX and I'm already using a powered USB hub. I'll try recompiling the GIMX software tonight and see if that solves it.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I am facing high latency and missing event issues.
I'll try to write instructions as soon as I get it to work properly.
GIMX creator
alvin129

Post by alvin129 »

Hi. I was able to get GIMX running nicely on my Raspberry Pi. The keyboard works fine. The mouse works good (although I still have to fine tune it, but it is very useable). The only problem I find is when I play Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and I fire my weapons, the player immediately reloads, every time. I tried playing with the SixAxis and it doesn't do that, and I also plugged in a logitech gamepad (USB) and it doesn't do it. Every time I fire using GIMX on the Pi, the weapons reload. I checked my configuration files and I don't have a key assigned to reload. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Do you have macros files in the ~/.emuclient/macros directory? Is there a macro defined for the fire button?
GIMX creator
alvin129

Post by alvin129 »

The macros folder is empty.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please post your config on pastebin and give the link.
GIMX creator