DIY USB to PS3 (to) PS3 to Xbox 360 converter

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
McKack

DIY USB to PS3 (to) PS3 to Xbox 360 converter

Post by McKack »

I just had this little idea. In theory you should be able to use a device like the XCM Cross Fire Converter for the Xbox 360 with the DIY USB to PS3 adapter (I believe it's similar or the same method used, just the other way around, when people use the XIM with the PS3)

*** Skip to 2m 59s ***

My only concern is whether or not the converter requires an original PS3 controller. If it supports third party USB PS3 controllers I'd image it'll work right out of the box.

I'm gonna investigate this some more because I've been getting a lot of PMs on YouTube regarding Xbox 360 support in GIMX, so this could potentially be a temporary solution/workaround, until there perhaps is official support. Unfortunately the converter is $80~100+ the places I've looked so I doubt most people would be willing to go for it.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Re: DIY USB to PS3 (to) PS3 to Xbox 360 converter

Post by Matlo »

The product page doesn't say anything about third party controllers. I guess it's not going to work.
GIMX creator
McKack

Re: DIY USB to PS3 (to) PS3 to Xbox 360 converter

Post by McKack »

Yeah I checked that page earlier. But doesn't necessarily mean it isn't supported.
I'm gonna contact them and if they say it work, I'll order it from this one Norwegian site I found that has ONE in stock, just to make sure (For science!)... Then sell it straight away because I don't really play that much 360 myself except when there's exclusives :)
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template