Logitech Driving Force EX support

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
DrivingForceEX

Logitech Driving Force EX support

Post by DrivingForceEX »

After discovering the amazing invention that is GIMX, I was wondering if my Logitech Driving Force EX http://support.logitech.com/en_us/produ ... g-force-ex can work with the ps4 as well as my trusty ps2 on which it still runs amazingly.

I could not find any info nor config file, does anyone know if this wheel is compatible with any existing config file, especially the FFB?

Thanks
Matlo

Re: Logitech Driving Force EX support

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
I did not have any feedback for this wheel, but I think it should work.
GIMX creator
isamu

Post by isamu »

Hi Matlo. I too was wondering if this wheel was supported. I noticed in the last update you said that Driving Force wheel has been added. I don't own a GIMX dongle yet but I did download the GIMX program, and had a look at the xml config files that are available for download, and the "Driving Force" is noticeably missing from the list. The only ones available from the list with the name "Driving" in it, are "Driving Force Pro" and "Driving Force GT". Out of curiosity, if Driving Force wheel is officially supported, why is it not in the list of downloadable config xml files? Also, which one of these would most likely be compatible with the EX wheel?
isamu

Post by isamu »

Also, check your PM 8-)
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
You seem very confused about the GIMX 5.8 announcement, and GIMX output vs GIMX input.
The Driving Force wheel was already supported as an input controller.
The force feedback may also work but it is unsure as I had no user feedback.
GIMX creator
isamu

Post by isamu »

Ahh I see what you mean. OK I get it now. That is good news then, because I can confirm that the Driving Force and Driving Force EX wheel share just about the same architecture and circuitry, and I'm fairly confident the FFB will be supported on the EX. I just wanna finally play Ridge Racer 7 with a true ffb wheel :mrgreen:

I also have another question if you don't mind please bare with me this might get a bit confusing....

OK, let's say although I *do* own a real Logitech Driving Force EX wheel, and let's assume once I obtain the adapter it works perfectly. OK that would be great....*BUT*.... I was wondering, if I leave my Driving Force EX plugged in, will GIMX software allow me to re-route the AXIS, button, and force feedback signals to my *other* devices?

What if I have TWO steering wheels connected to my PC....the DF:Ex and a Leo Bodnar wheel, as well as a separate set of USB pedals and sequential shifter. As long as GIMX sees my DF:Ex wheel, can I send those signals to my Bodnar wheel, HPP Pedals, and USB shifter? Or is the GIMX software limited to just ONE device when it's in FFB Steering wheel mode? I hope you understand my question, it's kinda hard to explain.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

GIMX can get the inputs from multiple devices, but it can only output force feedback commands to a single Logitech wheel.
GIMX creator
isamu

Post by isamu »

OK thank you for that answer.