GIMX Configurator, key codes & names?

Talk about anything concerning the source code.
McKack

GIMX Configurator, key codes & names?

Post by McKack »

gimxconfigurator01.png
gimxconfigurator01.png (214.98 KiB) Viewed 7703 times
I'm trying to come up with my own little config tool for Windows, basically based on the fpsconfig.exe. I'm making it in Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer (paid a hefty price for it many years ago so might as well try to make something useful with it)

Initially this is just a test to see what I can accomplish, for fun and all that.
gixmconfigurator02.png
gixmconfigurator02.png (164.68 KiB) Viewed 7703 times
First of all I'm trying to wrap my head around parsing an XML file (probably trivial for ya'll coders) but I barely know the difference between a node, element and attribute. Luckily there's a plugin that kind of helps with it.
gimxconfigurator03.png
gimxconfigurator03.png (149.46 KiB) Viewed 7703 times
But what I'd really like to know for the future, should the tool actually show some potential, is if there's a list of key codes and the names that are assigned to them in the emulator/configuration? I've been building a small list by using the sixemuconf to capture each key manually so far, but I'm guessing there might be a predefined one buried somewhere in the heap of source code? :)
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Re: GIMX Configurator, key codes & names?

Post by Matlo »

This is what you are looking for: link.
GIMX creator
Zero

Post by Zero »

Nice work, I love what you did with the UI :)

I'd like to recommend number inputs field for the slider.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I would suggest not to show raw config stuff to users, because it's the best way to make them mess with the config, crash the app, and finally ask for help for something they should never do.
GIMX creator
McKack

Post by McKack »

Matlo wrote:This is what you are looking for: link.
Yes, that's the ticket! Thanks.
Zero wrote:Nice work, I love what you did with the UI :)

I'd like to recommend number inputs field for the slider.
Mhm, the sliders doesn't to decimals so I'll be adding input fields as well where needed.
Matlo wrote:I would suggest not to show raw config stuff to users, because it's the best way to make them mess with the config, crash the app, and finally ask for help for something they should never do.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Just keeping it there while "developing" the program, to keep an eye out for stuff being messed up :)
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

Thinks are looking cool, but I would like an Linux version.