Black ops : Aim assist on or off?

Talk About Anything Playstation here
uwontprevail

Black ops : Aim assist on or off?

Post by uwontprevail »

I personally have it on.

It really helps in close quarters, and even helps a bit in the long range.

I have yet to have the aim assist hinder me in any way.

But in my opinion the benefits by far out weigh the downsides.
cldfusion

Re: Black ops : Aim assist on or off?

Post by cldfusion »

Off, although there are some benefits too having it on.
Such as: lag compensation & Early detection through walls.
I find it to be more of a hindrance. It slows down aiming and prevents me from tracking multiple targets, and you need to create two separate muscle memories to be able to use it effectively. When I turn it off, I know that all of the movements I'm making are my own, and I can better determine the effectiveness of my translator, as well as feeling less cheap. If the translators off and you can still own everybody you know your gears working:)
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

It is just so much easier to have a high sensitivity for quick 180's and still have the sticky aim when you are aiming down sights.

It has never been a hindrance for me, if the two targets are close enough that it would go towards one before the other, then its most likely that they will both die in one spray before they can kill me.
cldfusion

Post by cldfusion »

I can see how that would help, but you should be able to do that just as good without aim assist, with good translating imo. The only time I really miss it is when there is that guy really really close to me. You know, when they dance around you, and you have no idea where they've gone. You think they've gone behind you, but they've pulled back or disappeared to some odd place :lol: .
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

cldfusion wrote:I can see how that would help, but you should be able to do that just as good without aim assist, with good translating imo. The only time I really miss it is when there is that guy really really close to me. You know, when they dance around you, and you have no idea where they've gone. You think they've gone behind you, but they've pulled back or disappeared to some odd place :lol: .
It has been a really long time since i have played a cod shooter with a mouse and keyboard, i just need to get used to it.

But i'm loving the aim assist.

People actually think i have an aim bot or something.
McKack

Post by McKack »

Tell me about it. I was playing on Stadium yesterday and I was tooting the G11 for the first time since I've started using Mouse + Keyboard, and man what a deadly combination! The other team was raging hard so by the end of the round there were only two left and our entire clan was getting hate-messages left and right.

I've been tinkering with aim assist on and off. Having it turned off was perfectly fine but the advantage of spotting enemies (sometimes even through walls!) by that "tug" on the aim makes me come back to aim assist on all the time.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

McKack wrote:Tell me about it. I was playing on Stadium yesterday and I was tooting the G11 for the first time since I've started using Mouse + Keyboard, and man what a deadly combination! The other team was raging hard so by the end of the round there were only two left and our entire clan was getting hate-messages left and right.

I've been tinkering with aim assist on and off. Having it turned off was perfectly fine but the advantage of spotting enemies (sometimes even through walls!) by that "tug" on the aim makes me come back to aim assist on all the time.
I'm running with a FN fal with a rapid fire macro on my mouse =D

I love having crazy high sensitivity and aim assist on.. it works so perfectly.

Its too cheap.
McKack

Post by McKack »

Hm, rapid fire, you say? Delicious!
I'll have to throw together a autohotkey script and test that out.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
cldfusion

Post by cldfusion »

Here's my auto script, it's got 2 modes(tactical,3rb) I don't really use it any more though...:)

Code: Select all

#NoEnv
#SingleInstance force
#InstallKeybdHook
#InstallMouseHook
SendMode Input 
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  
#IfWinActive Sixaxis Control
FireMode=1
;---Burst fire---
burst(shots,Br,Bp) ;shots are 0 based
{
    sleep 50
    send, {lbutton up}
    loop, %shots% 
    {
        sleep %Br%
        send, {lbutton down}
        sleep 50
        send, {lbutton up}
    }
}

;---tactical---
Q::
{
    if (FireMode > 2)
    {
        FireMode=1
        SoundPlay *16
    }
    else
    {
        Firemode++
        soundplay *64
        sleep 150
        if (FireMode = 3)
        {
            soundplay *64
        }
    }
}
return
~lbutton::
{
    If (FireMode = 2)
    {  
    Burst(0,1,200)
    }

If (FireMode = 3)
    {  
    Burst(4,20,200)
    }
}
return
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

McKack wrote:Hm, rapid fire, you say? Delicious!
I'll have to throw together a autohotkey script and test that out.
It is brilliant.

You rape so quick, even in close quarters, because it only takes 2 body shots to kill.