Will PS4 support come with better mouse calibration

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
niema

Will PS4 support come with better mouse calibration

Post by niema »

I feel like it's not good enough right now. I tried to make 1:1 mouse movement in several games but it felt impossible. For example the so called translation test on the PS3 doesn't seem to give positive results - the aim should come back to the start point but it simply does not. It seems like we haven't got enough values to play with. Is there anything that can be done to make the configuring more effective?
Matlo

Re: Will PS4 support come with better mouse calibration

Post by Matlo »

I moved the topic in the discussion section.

I don't think the calibration can be improved. At least it works for games that have good aiming mechanics.

The best way to improve the mouse translation is to make a software that can test all the stick positions and compute the corresponding speeds.
GIMX creator
niema

Re: Will PS4 support come with better mouse calibration

Post by niema »

Matlo wrote:I moved the topic in the discussion section.

I don't think the calibration can be improved. At least it works for games that have good aiming mechanics.

The best way to improve the mouse translation is to make a software that can test all the stick positions and compute the corresponding speeds.
Yeah, this would be definetely great. I believe that's what XIM maker is using to make the smart translators. Haven't used the XIM so I don't know how good it is.

Hopefully PS4 games will come with better aiming mechanics.