Is it possible to manipulate the values from the input device -> console? (input device hardware hooked?)

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
cataz

Is it possible to manipulate the values from the input device -> console? (input device hardware hooked?)

Post by cataz »

Hi guys,

first thanks for this great project. I recently found this and I'm very thankful. I hope I can use this project for my own application.

I'd like to know whether it is possible to manipulate the final values which are send to the console by my own app.

As far as I understood the values from the input device (e.g. xbox elite controller) are read on a hardware hook level and send to the usb adapter directly. On this adapter there may be macros and other actions which are executed and finally send to the console. Is this correct?

Is it possible to catch the input device values by my own application, manipulate the values and finally send them to the gimx adapter?

edit: in other words I would like to use my own application as the "input device"
cataz

Re: Is it possible to manipulate the values from the input device -> console? (input device hardware hooked?)

Post by cataz »

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you @Matlo