Raspberry Pi Alternatives

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
wireburn

Raspberry Pi Alternatives

Post by wireburn »

Hi! Having a great time playing with my Gimx adapters purchased from the official store. Thank you so much for this software, Matlo!

I was able to use a windows PC for perfect results with PS4/DrivingForceGT/GT Sport. I have a few Raspberry Pi kicking around and after much searching and trials I was able to get it working both in the X11 environment and command line. Trouble is, the FFB is not as smooth on the Pi and my rig suffers from the "stuck" feedback mentioned in other threads.

I would post a log file but I don't know how to generate one from the command line and I deleted the X window files.

My question is, which SBC should I get to replace the Pi3 I've been running in order to improve the FFB situation?

Thanks,
-Mike
kaiba_seto2004

Re: Raspberry Pi Alternatives

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Hello,

On wiki you gonna see this line: "RPi support should be considered as experimental. The USB controller has been unstable since the first version. Be prepared to face issues if you try GIMX on the RPi." :D

You can also try official distro - Raspbian Stretch for the most compatibility.
PS4 enthusiast.
wireburn

Post by wireburn »

Thank you, but currently running Rasbian Stretch.

Sure, I get it about being experimental, but I feel like a little more power would put it over the top for best performance. Maybe something that will run Ubuntu 18.04 like RockPi 4? I'm going to attempt to overclock the RPi3. I'll let you know if that helps.

I have "official" gimx adapters, but I wonder if I could separate the package and attempt to wire the RPi3's GPIO straight to the teensy? Would this gain any throughput over the USB connection?
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Do you mean "on-board UART interface"?
I have no idea about performance between connect through usb port and connect on-board UART interface. Maybe you should ask Matlo for advice.
PS4 enthusiast.
wireburn

Post by wireburn »

Yes, through the Pi's UART the way rudi's tutorial has everything hooked up.

Of course I would appreciate Matlo's input on the matter! Overclocking was a bust, no improvement at all in the left/right FFB lag.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Code: Select all

gimx --help
[...]
  --log filename: write messages into a log file instead of the standard output.
    filename: The name of the log file, in the ~/.gimx/log directory (make sure this folder exists).
[...]
GIMX creator
wireburn

Post by wireburn »

:oops: did not think to check the help. I did scour the wiki under command line...it's not there. I'll work on that log file tonight.

Thanks,
-Mike
wireburn

Post by wireburn »

wireburn

Post by wireburn »

Here is the --debug.haptic version: https://pastebin.com/61fYBCy4 I had to truncate to satisfy pastebin 512k limit.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Which RPi revision are you using?

Did you try with latest firmware? The one recommended on the wiki is quite old. The USB issues may have been fixed now.

Also try running GIMX from the command line:

Code: Select all

gimx -c LogitechDrivingForceGT_G29.xml -p /dev/ttyUSB0
GIMX creator