Output to a virtual USB port

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
tribbiani

Output to a virtual USB port

Post by tribbiani »

Is it feasible to have GIMX output to a virtual USB port in the same windows machine that GIMX is running?
Matlo

Re: Output to a virtual USB port

Post by Matlo »

I'm not sure to understand the question.
If the goal is to have GIMX emulate a controller on the same windows machine, the answer is no.
GIMX creator
tribbiani

Post by tribbiani »

Yes that was my intention. I looked into trying to use something like com0com (http://com0com.sourceforge.net/) to simulate a serial port and then somehow forward this to some kind of virtual USB.
I don't know too much about connection interfaces so I guess my idea was a bit of a long shot.
isamu

Post by isamu »

Interesting post. I would like to know what happens if you have the adapter plugged into your PC as normal.....then take the *other* end of the adapter(the part that plugs into the PS4 console) loop it around and plug it back into the same PC while GIMX is running....would the PC then see the adapter as a Logitech wheel?
captainzarg

Post by captainzarg »

this is something i want to do.

some day i reckon logitech is gonna discontinue their 5.10 software for windows as in, it wont work after a various w10 build update etc
so what i wanted to do, was emulate a g29 so i could have xinput support. i can even use the new software in this scenario.

has anyone got any clue how i can do this.

i do have a rpi2B somewhere, but i need a serial device and a case
i think it would be awesome if it could be developed into a solution, as technically its probably how the xbox one works on the down-low, xinput only,
so i reckon the xbox one theory may work, but i would need some pointers to get that going, or if someone has done it already can they share their works so i can replicate it at home please?

thanks