Easy Automated Raspbian Image for using G27 as G29 with USB

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
jonixGT

Re: Easy Automated Raspbian Image for using G27 as G29 with USB

Post by jonixGT »

Sorry Dasato, but I'm a complete noob with Raspberry. The first time that I hear about it was here and I bought one Rpi2 model B only to work with GIMX without the laptop occupied. I tried to do everything very carefuly to avoid mistakes, but now I'm having this problem. I had read a lot of things on internet, but didn't find a solution yet. How can I check what you are asking me, please?

As I mentioned in another post (my complete report):

The system starts working normally (the G27 turns from one side to another twice) and I must confirm with the DS4 (X) to enter with my PSN user. Then I must press the most left button in the G27 speedshifter to log in again with the G27. At this time everything it's OK. I can control the PS4 with G27 buttons and I can play Project Cars and Assetto Corsa for about 8 minutes. After that I can feel some force on the wheel, but the car keeps running without my control (steering wheel, pedals, buttons, nothing works). I tried this using the power supply in Rpi2 of an Acer Iconia charger (2A) and connecting directly in a USB control port in PS4. The result it's the same.

I also tested with bertie image in Assetto Corsa with the Rpi2 power supplied by PS4 port and it also crashed after 8 minutes. The FFB also looks to me a little bit different from the other image (by waveform).

When the "system crashes" the Rpi2 still have the red light on and the green keeps flashing once in a while. The red lights on Arduino are always on.

My system is:
- DIY Arduino Leonardo ProMicro ATmega32u4 5V/16MHz
- USB 2.0 TO RS232 UART TTL Serial CP2104 (with Tx and Rx crossed)
- Raspberry Pi2 model B with micro SD with the image GIMX 5.7 Automated Rasbian Image for Logitech G29 USB - 06/04/2016 (cortesy of waveform https://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1435 ) and another micro SD with bertie image
- G27

Everything is connected directly into Rpi2 (3 USB) that connects with PS4 by the DIY USB.

By the way, what should I start first: the PS4 then the Rpi2 or the Rpi2 first then the PS4? Once in a while I must repeat the start because it doesn't work.

Sorry for so long text, but I'm really sad with this. I'm very anxious to race in Project Cars and Assetto Corsa...

Thank you very much for your help!

jonixGT
Dasato

Post by Dasato »

It looks the same problem that I've. It's blinking the G27 LED when everything fails? Try to change the USB cables, that's suppuse to be the problem.

Anyway, I tested more than 10 cables and nothing changes.
jonixGT

Post by jonixGT »

No, the G27 led stays on, not blinking.

And did you found a solution with all that cables? Is it working now?

Did you find any logic: shorter cables are better than small cables or vice-versa?

Thank you.

jonixGT
Dasato

Post by Dasato »

I got nothing. I'm waiting a New rpi yo discard the problem is the old one
Dasato

Post by Dasato »

Ok, 20 days later I’ve received the RPI2 and sadly I’m in the same situation, even worst.

The FFB is horrible, and after few minutes I’ve the same problem, so I give up with this.

Thanks to everyone.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi there,
Anyone wanting help from me, please post in the support section.
Thanks.

@dasato
I'm sad to hear you didn't get it to work. You have an unanswered question from me in the support section...
GIMX creator
Dasato

Post by Dasato »

Don’t worry Matlo. It looks obvious the problem is not the Pi or GIMX. I checked lot of usb cables too, as you suggested. Now I think maybe the problem is the DIY USB. I don’t going to made another one, so I’ll use it with the PC, then everything works perfect.

Thanks for your support and, over all, for all your work.
sTIMpie1979

Post by sTIMpie1979 »

Hi all!,

I have used the automated raspbian image for using my G25. I had to change some settings to get it to work. and everything seems fine. but when I play F1 2017, occasionally the steers seems to freeze for a moment. It happens when I make a fast steering action on my wheel. Is this software related? I played it on the pc with te same wheel and with F1 2014 and it doens't happen there. Is there something I can do to prevent it from happening?

greetings, Tim
mkubiak

Post by mkubiak »

This image uses old 5.7 GIMX without support for new dual shock 4 if You have PS4 Pro or new slim that might be a case, try my new image of it works it's an outdated GIMX
endoe

Post by endoe »

Can you release a new version of the automated gimx for rpi but one that's compatible with a raspberry pi 3 model b. This image doesn't work for me, my understanding is its for Rpi 2 users.Pretty please with cherries on top, one running the latest version of GIMX would be incredible and I'd be eternally grateful.
Please and thank you
Endoe