Problems, could I please get some help?

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
spacemonkey82

Problems, could I please get some help?

Post by spacemonkey82 »

Hi guys

I would of just like to say to matlo that his efforts in this project are amazing after having used the software sometime ago with my PS3.
After having a long break from gaming, I have decided to get backinto it after recently purchasing a PS4.
Now I have of course come straight back to GIMX for my fps needs and noticed there has been some changes in the way things work between the PS3 and the PS4.

I have read the turorial downloaded the software required and purchased the USB dev board, an Arduino micro with the ATMEGA32U4 chip onboard. I have a compatable BT dongel which I used with my ps3.

So far I have been getting stuck right at the start by trying to install GIMX GUI using UBUNTU 14.04 I have donloaded the 32 bit exe and deb files but the exe keeps giving me an error message when I try to open it "an error occured when trying to load the archive". I assume the deb file is to be run through the terminal, which is something I am trying to avoid due to my lack of computing skills.

I am sorry for the long winded post here but I have tried everything that within my cappabiltites and still cant figure out how to get the GUI installed and running.
I am more than likely missing something obvious, so if anyone can help me I would be most grateful.

Regards

Spacemonkey82
Matlo

Re: Problems, could I please get some help?

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

Make sure to download the right deb file (amd64 for Ubuntu 64bits, i386 for Ubuntu 32bits), then double click on the .deb file, and click on install.
GIMX creator
spacemonkey82

Post by spacemonkey82 »

Hi Matlo,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have installed the deb file on my system but I canot see the laucher or config EXE's.
Is GIMX suposed to be run through terminal for UBUNTU now?
I am a bit confused still, if you can further inlighten me I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

No, there's no command to type in a terminal.
Click on the Ubuntu button, type "gimx" in the search box, and click on gimx-launcher.
GIMX creator
spacemonkey82

Post by spacemonkey82 »

Matlo

Thanks for getting back to me I have resolved that issue now thanks for the reply on that.
I now have another issue, When i plug my Arduino micro pro in and load teensy loader It does not give me any options to load the firmware for it.
all options stay blanked out.

I have followed the instructions for the rules and can get teensy software to open but thats as far as I can get.
It is as if teensy does not see my board when i plug it in. I have tried hitting the reset button. I have triedusing the teensy through windows, with the same problem. I have looked at the aeduino software but i do not know how i would upload the hex script with it.

I realy am getting frustrated now, everytime i get past one issue I am hit with another.

here is a link to the board I have: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardMicro

If there is any solution to this i would be most grateful.

Thanks again.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

The teensy loader only works with teensy boards.

You can use the "Arduino Builder" tool instead: http://arduinodev.com/arduino-builder-tutorial/
GIMX creator
spacemonkey82

Post by spacemonkey82 »

Hi Matlo

I managed to find the arduino bulder after a search of google. But I can still not upload the hex file, my computer detects the board connected to com port 4, but I keep getting an upload error. after searching online the error has something to do with my board not being able to comunicate with the pc.

I think I have a faulty board as even using the arduino software to try a blink sketch it always comes back with an error.

Should i try replace the board, or is it something I am doing worng?
Any thoughts on this.

thanks for all the help so far.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

I think you should get a Teensy 2.0 from the official store.
The teensy loader is very easy to use.
GIMX creator
spacemonkey82

Post by spacemonkey82 »

Matlo

Ok I shall replace the srduino anyway as I can get it locally. If it still dosnt work I will purchase the teensy.

Thanks again.
spacemonkey82

Post by spacemonkey82 »

Hi matlo

Just to let you know I have just replaced the Arduino micro, and SUCSESS. I have managed to upload the hexfile "Atmega32U4" to the the board using the Arduino builder with windows 7 as I could not find an Ubuntu version. :D

Now do i need to anything else before I try and pair my DS4 with the GIMX software?

I assume I just need to plug the board into the PS4 and go through the setup process.
I just want to be sure before I go ahead thats all.

Again thanks for all the help.