Xbox One chat audio

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
pawel

Xbox One chat audio

Post by pawel »

Hi,

What are my options when it comes to chat audio on Xbox one when I'm using gimx? Quick research and I've establish that Xbox One doesn't support bluetooth, does not have any audio inputs either and all tutorials I've seen on youtube that explain setting up various headsets ultimately involve plugging something in to the controller. So is it possible at all?

thanks
Matlo

Re: Xbox One chat audio

Post by Matlo »

Sadly the Xbox One does not allow to use third-party headsets. Do you have a kinect? If yes, did you try to use its microphone?
GIMX creator
pawel

Post by pawel »

I ordered a Turtle Beach headset advertised as 100% wireless, i.e. you don't connect it to the controller so I'll report back. Wow PS4 seems to be much more liberal when it comes to headsets, not to mention previous gen consoles.
Significantbits

Post by Significantbits »

Please let me know if this works! I would love a chat audio solution for the Xbox One.
beedee

Post by beedee »

FYI

I have the PDP Afterglow 9, that is a completely wireless solution (minus the usb dongle) that allows for voice chat with a connection to the controller. It was the cheapest wireless option available for the Xbox One. I purchased mine in Best Buy in America.

Works great, but once (cant replicate it) it had the Left-Right drivers mixed; restarted my Xbox One and it went away.
Xbox One User trying to run GimX with Windows 10