Touchpad left click and right click

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
scottlost

Touchpad left click and right click

Post by scottlost »

Is there a way to set click on the left side or the right side of the touchpad? Mgsv requires clicking the left side to pause the game.
Matlo

Re: Touchpad left click and right click

Post by Matlo »

Try the following steps:
  • open your config with gimx-config, and make sure Type>Dualshock 4 is selected
  • in the "Button" tab, bind a button to "finger 1"
  • in the "Axis" tab, bind the same button to "finger 1 x +"
  • save your config, start gimx, and see if pressing this button pauses the game
GIMX creator
scottlost

Post by scottlost »

Ah I see I didnt notice that axis tab before. Thanks for the help i had to mess around with it till i got it to work.

If anyone else is wondering i set under the (button tab) a key to touchpad which was TAB and a key to finger 1 which was left arrow. And also finger 2 to right arrow.

Then under the (axis tab) i put left arrow to finger1 x- and right arrow to finger2 x+. So ingame i would have to press simultaneously TAB and left arrow for touchpad leftclick or TAB and right arrow for touchpad rightclick.

Anyway thanks for the help Matlo.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Did you try to use the same key to control both the touchpad button and 'finger' button?
GIMX creator
scottlost

Post by scottlost »

Oh yea I just tried that and that works too. Doing that lets me be able to press just one key for the functions. Thx again.